WebSphere 4.0

SpringsBF

I am tring to set up a WebSphere server that will use the AS400 as the repository. I have followed the instruction and I have reviewed prior post related to this subject and I am still having an issue. The websphere server is win2k SP3, the 400 is V5R2. WebSphere is 4.0 AE with Fixpack 5.
When I start the WebSphere Service if fails with the attached error in the event log.

Attachments

• 74084-websphere error.txt
    647 bytes · Views: 100
Do you have the jt400.jar file?
Is jar file in the classpath location referenced?
Is the nanny port open on your 400?
Are you setting this up to support the JDE/PSFT Web Client?

My experience with this is I left the repository and database server on my W2K box. We are mainly using WAS to support the Web Client. I gotten "No specific Service error code 10" when starting my WAS on the W2K server boxes. I always ended up reinstalling. Check the above items first and post your findings.

Thanks.

michaelm007
W2K SVR SP4
DB2/UDB 7.2.9
WAS 4.0.5
JDE XE SP22J

Do you have the jt400.jar file? yes
Is jar file in the classpath location referenced? yes
Is the nanny port open on your 400? have the 400 engineers looking into that.
Are you setting this up to support the JDE/PSFT Web Client? I am looking to move the repository to a central location because we are running 3 JAS servers in production that are cloned. I currently have one DB2/UDB repository on one of the 3 win2k servers but if that is the one that goes down then the other two will not work either. If the 400 (which is where our Prod enterprise server) goes down then no one is working. Also, when it comes time to install SP's I can add a servers to the repository and install the SP and have everything up and running then upgrade the Enterprise and when it comes up gen and be on my way. At least that is the theory.

Back