Autopilot scripting tool issue

nirajjiwani

It has been found that many times Autopilot scripting tool inserts wrong strings.
For instance when we select 'login' menu and mention proper login name and password, it during execution puts different values (usually repeating the alphabets) therefore causing unexpected hault.
At other instance when we write a script to insert some values (literal values) in some record it will cause the same above problem i.e add different values.
Any suggestions......

Niraj.

This is a known issue, but I have not seen it affect user name and password. Take a look at SAR # 6962323 and see if it applies.

Title 6962323 AutoPilot wrong data in grid SystemH97

Document Detail Show detailed information.

SAR Number 6962323
Parent Number 6962913
Program ID AUTOPILOT -
System Code H97 - Benchmarking/Performance
Release ERP8.0
Product J.D. Edwards 5 Technical > Platform Support & CNC
Priority 1 Critical
Type 1 - Correction
Status 01 - Completed
Code Change (none)
Date Complete 2004-01-30

Description
A ORIGINAL REQUEST

Date Found: 12/16/03
Releases: Xe and ERP 8
Environments: all AutoPilot
Problem Description:
When executing AutoPilot scripts in ERP 8 and Xe data entered into the grid is incorrect. What appears to happen is that usually the first character that AutoPilot should enter in a cell is repeated until the field is full. So if it's supposed to enter the date "01/05/2003" what gets entered in the grid is "00000000000". A sample script I setup entered "66666660" into a QBE line when it was supposed to enter "6001". This is holding up regression test execution for these releases. It started happening all of the sudden on a Tuesday. It has been duplicated on multiple machines and with the latest packages.

B FINAL DISPOSITION

Changed code to precisely type once each character
on the Grid

C MEMBERS AFFECTED MEMBER SRC LIB OBJ LIB

VIEW == XE_SP22
PROJECT == OneWorld_Xe
VTS = SCM_OW
System\Autopilot AUTOPILOT
..\ApSpy\Spy.cpp
Rights granted 1/8/04 js

O CONNECTED SAR NUMBERS

XE_SP22_Q1 6962323