BTD - Browse Table Definition

olivier_maurice

Hello all,

Am I right when I say BTD only works for tables that are deployed (to DV e.g.)? I frequently use it to export the information from the fields of a table for documentation purposes.

However, on a new set of tables I recently created, this seems not to work. The only difference with other projects I did, is that this one is not yet deployed.

Regards,

Olivier

Just a thought. Did you know this is to go away with EO8.9? I recently read that and was not happy. Why would you take away something useful? Force people to create their own? yeah that's it good ol JDE always making sure we stay sharp;-)

That application requires the information in the JDE tables .. here is the text from JDE

****For tables F98711, F98712, F98713, add an Object Configuration Mapping (OCM) for each environment to point to the corresponding Central Object data source. You can determine the appropriate data source through the Environment Master program (P0094) located on menu GH9053. Choose the Row exit for Path Code. The Central Objects Data Source is located in the field labeled “Deployment Data Source”.***

So you need to be sure your file is in the OBNM field in the tables so go to UTB and check the F98711 for your file. If it is not there it needs to be promoted to that environment I would think. Then again I only usually look at the DV specs for these since even our other environents are mapped there here and I would think DV is what you really need anyway but maybe not. Just my view ... hope it helps.

Tom

Thanks,

Sure it helps. And indeed it would be a pity if BTD being dropped. If you have that application ready, you know where to find me... ;-)

Regards,

Olivier

Back