Batch Sales Processing

ssolberg

VIP Member
I've done some light reading and checked the archives on this topic but I'm looking for a little more info. I'm well aware of the F4001Z and F4011Z files and "mostly" understand how they work. The issue I have is that we are hoping to find a simple way to process some "piles of orders" we get from an outside source each week more efficiently. Currently, the source is sending us an Excel file which contains most (I think) of the pertinant info to create orders from it but what I'm looking for is what is "minimally" needed in order to process an order that comes this way. And do I have to populate both of these files? What I have in the Excel file is essentially just what could be interpreted as "detail" lines of a Sales Order by Customer. I'm not worried about exporting the file and getting up to JDE, just what needs to be in the file (or files) so I can send it up there. I'm still hunting down stuff on the Peoplesoft KG as well but if anyone has a little cookbook on the topic or gotcha's, it would really help. Thanks in advance.

I've done some work for clients that receive sales ordes via e-mails, but I used the EDI system 47.

Go to menu G47212 and type HELP 4 on the command line then read the help text for Receiving Customer Orders.

Sannan:

Documentation to determine the minimum fields to use in the F4011Z file is
very limited or non-existent. I've been using these files for many
different upload senarios and in each case I'm using both files.

You've asked for the minimum number of fields to populate, so to do this you
will need to have as much pre-defined or pre-set-up in JDEdwards as
possible. The address book, sales tax information, pricing, inventory
items, sales order status codes and billing instructions needs to all be set
up in JDEdwards first. You can use the F4011Z for pricing and/or sales
taxes if you want but that becomes more complicated in my opinion.

I populate the following fields.

Order no (SDDOCO) (you can use any number sequence you want, as Next
Numbers will resequense the sales order numbers as it gets into the F4211
file).
Line no. (SDLNID)
Order type (SDDCTO)
Ship to (SDSHAN)
Item no (SDLITM)
Quantity (SDUORG)
Transaction date (SDTRDJ)

Then the F4001Z file only needs to corresponding headers for each order
(order no, order type and ship to).

For the procession options in P40211Z, I keep them to a minimum as well,
document type, status code and line increments.

Again, this is the minimum and you can experiment with other fields such as
item description.

Eric
A7.3.8 and A7.3.10

Eric Holm
CGI
A7.3.8 and A7.3.10

Sannan:

Documentation to determine the minimum fields to use in the F4011Z file is very limited or non-existent. I've been using these files for many different upload senarios and in each case I'm using both files.

You've asked for the minimum number of fields to populate, so to do this you will need to have as much pre-defined or pre-set-up in JDEdwards as possible. The address book, sales tax information, pricing, inventory items, sales order status codes and billing instructions needs to all be set up in JDEdwards first. You can use the F4011Z for pricing and/or sales taxes if you want but that becomes more complicated in my opinion.

I populate the following fields.

Order no (SDDOCO) (you can use any number sequence you want, as Next Numbers will resequense the sales order numbers as it gets into the F4211 file).
Line no. (SDLNID)
Order type (SDDCTO)
Ship to (SDSHAN)
Item no (SDLITM)
Quantity (SDUORG)
Transaction date (SDTRDJ)

Then the F4001Z file only needs the corresponding headers for each order (order no, order type and ship to).

For the processing options in P40211Z, I keep them to a minimum as well, document type, status code and line increments is about all I use.

Again, this is the minimum and you can experiment with other fields such as item description, etc.

Back