Open Citrix Published App From Exit Row

rhunt

Well Known Member
Is there a way to open a Citrix published application from wtihin our OneWorld published application. The powers that be want to create an application button on a OneWorld row exit that will open an external MS Access database that we also serve as a published app.

I don't know what the syntax would be. Also, will we need to enable the CMD prompt for published application users in Citrix?

Thanks In Advance.

Ryan Hunt

Ryan, I don't know about running a Citrix published app from a Citrix session of OneWorld, but you should be able to run it locally as long as it is installed on the same server(s) as JDE. My command prompt is enabled, so I don't know if you would need to enable it for this to work, but it does work with the command prompt enabled.

Ryan,

Can't you just do an external call to the access database they would like to open from solution explorer task revision...that way you don't have to call it as a published application....you might be able to accomplish the same with an exit but you might have to hardcode the path to the application.

I have never done from an exit but I have done application launch from within JDE.

Back