Address Book for Send Private - NEW FEATURE!

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
I have just sent a Private Post and found that I can use an Address Book.
Eric, it is great /wwwimages/icons/king.gif, Thanks /wwwimages/icons/laugh.gif

On the other hand, I have tried to send a Private Post to a non existent user and I was able to do it. /wwwimages/icons/shocked.gif

Eric, would you make some check on the User Name in Send Private function in the future? /wwwimages/icons/cool.gif

Eric, thanks again for all of the new features and functionalties! /wwwimages/icons/smile.gif
/// Do Not Stop! /wwwimages/icons/wink.gif ///

Zoltán
P.S.: Eric, would you be so kind as making a post abaout every new features and functionalities on the "General Announcements / Frequently Asked Questions" board? Thanks.

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

What non-existent user did you send a private message to?

Place your system configuration information in your signature!

Eric,
I am really ashamed of I am not remembering exactly.
It was suffixed with "Z.Gy" or "Gy.Z". Could it help?

There is an other circumtance that I do not remember exactly. Maybe there was a valid User Name selected in the Address Book field too. Is it possible that my test post was delivered to this address?

Do I make an other attempt memorizing all circumtances exactly?

In any case, excuse me that I was so inattentive, mainly if I reported a non-existent problem. (I was a little bit busy that time.)

Zoltán

I would be surprised if you were able to send a private e-mail to a non-existent address. You likely sent your message to a forum user. It will be interesting to see if you get a reply. <g>

Place your system configuration information in your signature!

Eric, you are right.
Adrian (Chimirel) will be surprised receiving my test Private Post.
Adrian, excuse me /wwwimages/icons/blush.gif and don't be angry /wwwimages/icons/mad.gif with me. You were the first and single in my Address Book when I have made my test (Alphabethical Order /wwwimages/icons/smile.gif ?)

For the other Lister's information:

I have made a second experiment but this time I have noted every important circumtances.

1.) I entered a non-existent User Name in the first field and left the default "Choose a Name" value in the Address Book field. I wasn't able to submit my post but received a correct message about the reason of it. IT IS VERY WELL. /wwwimages/icons/king.gif

2.) I wanted to add myself to my Address Book (making the test on myself) but it wasn't allowed to add myself to my Address Book. IT IS ALSO VERY WELL. /wwwimages/icons/king.gif

3.) I added Eric to my Address Book.

4.) In my second attempt I entered a non-existent User Name in the first field again and selected Eric in the Address Book field. I submitted the post successfully and Eric received my post. IT IS ALSO VERY WELL. /wwwimages/icons/king.gif

I just wanted to share these informations with you and excuse me for my false alarm.

The FORUM is GREAT! /wwwimages/icons/cool.gif

Zoltán

Back