A/P Document Type

Diana_Quikrete

Can someone tell me the difference between document type PV and PM in the A/P ledger file (F0411). The description in the UDC file says one is a voucher and the other is a manual voucher. We enter manual vouchers all the time, but the document type is always "PV".

Diana,
Okay, the description is a bit misleading. A PM document type happens
when you do a Manual PAYMENT without an existing voucher. The voucher
document type becomes a PM and the payment document type becomes a PN. So
it is not Standard Voucher Entry this covers, but Manual Payment Processing
(see menu G0412).

John Dickey
JDE Financial Systems
Administrator/Programmer/Analyst
White-Rodgers, Division of Emerson
St. Louis, MO
314-577-1466

Hi Diana,

Document type PM is created when the user enters a Manual Payment
without voucher match. As part of the process the user enters
abbreviated voucher details (ie speed voucher entry) and the system
creates a document type of PM so it can be "matched" to the manual
payment and differentiated from normal voucher entry. This is
effectively 'hardcoded' in JDE.

The only other two possibilities that come to mind are:-
(a) a user has actually keyed document type PM into the voucher entry
screen.
(b) you have a version of XT0411Z1 named (in DWV processing options) on
an 'obscure' version of P04105 (or speed voucher entry - P04015) that
specifies document type PM as the default voucher type.

Colin Hugill (Consultant)
(World A7.3 cum12)

I think my ISP has a credibility problem. I replied to this post an hour ago and it is still not showing up on the list, same as two replies to other posts yesterday (they took 14+ hours).

Anyway this is what I sent:-

Hi Diana,

Document type PM is created when the user enters a Manual Payment without voucher match. As part of the process the user enters abbreviated voucher details (ie speed voucher entry) and the system creates a document type of PM so it can be "matched" to the manual payment and differentiated from normal voucher entry. This is effectively 'hardcoded' in JDE.

The only other two possibilities that come to mind are:-
(a) a user has actually keyed document type PM into the voucher entry screen.
(b) you have a version of XT0411Z1 named (in DWV processing options) on an 'obscure' version of P04105 (or speed voucher entry - P04015) that specifies document type PM as the default voucher type.

PV is system allocated document type for all creditors invoices that the user input into the system. This doc sits int the creditors system awaiting payement (by manual or computer). PM is system allocated doc type for creditors invoice which are paid for and is not in the system. When user input the invoice and cheque at the same time a PM is generated for the invoice and a PN is generated for the manual cheque. (Note: both the invoice and the cheque number are not in the creditors ledger)
Thanks

Julius,

You wrote "...When user input the invoice and cheque at the same time a PM is generated for the invoice and a PN is generated for the manual cheque. (Note: both the invoice and the cheque number are not in the creditors ledger) "

You may have meant that there is a zero net effect on the Creditors Control account in GL because the invoice and payment are effectively both processed at the same time.

I must clarify and correct your statement - BOTH the PM document AND the matching cheque transaction ARE IN THE creditors ledger. They are visible for inquiry. They have to be there in case you subsequently need to void the payment (and you can!).

I did not clarify myself, what I mean to say here was. Both the invoice are new doc, not already in the creditors system

Thanks

Julius Kilambu

Ahha, a problem with interpretion and confused meaning on translation.

Yes, Manual Payment Without Voucher Match is designed to cover the situation where a payment has been made (manually) against an invoice (or invoices) that has not yet been entered into JDE.

This should end this thread.

Back