Solution explorer task copy, again!

gerd_renz3

VIP Member
Hi,
this has been discussed before but I am still unable to do what I need to do.
We are live on financials and are preparing other modules now. We need to selectively copy tasks from PY to PD. We do not want to copy the entire control tables. I have read document ott-01-0066 and still can´t figure it out.
Is there any option that copies a whole task tree via P9864A?
Can I at least copy an entire folder with it´s tasks (what we used to call a menu with it´s menu options) ? We have quite a few folders (menus) to copy.

Thanks for any help!

We are on E8.9, SP2, AS400, WTS

Thanks, Gerd

Bom Dia Gerd,

I got frustrated with the menu move thing myself. My current procedure is this:

Get the menus set up in DV7333.
Set up taskviews in DV7333.
Populate the roles UDC in DV7333.
Have my DBA replicate the roles UDC, H95 | RL to PY and PD.
Go to Record Copy App (JD020704), Select Control Tables - Test as my source, Control Tables - xxx as the destination.
I choose the "All Levels, Clear to Data Source" option.

This brings the full menu structure and the taskviews that I created down in Dev, up to PY and PD. Boa sorte!

Gregg Larkin
Praxair, Inc.
North American PeopleSoft
Enterprise One System Administrator

Sounds good Gregg, but ...
what you do seems to copy ALL tasks and task views. That´s exactly what we do not want at this point. We´re Live already.
I did this: in P9864A I choose Task Relationship Level, filled in as Child ID the one I want to copy, and it´s respective parent ID. Copying one by one did the trick for me. Although the documentation I have says that this does not work in E8.9. What I liked best is that I had to fill in an ARBITRARY SAR number. Great PS-documentation, again.

Thanks, Gerd

Gerd, when you ay "one by one": did it copy all the child items for you as well?

Cheers,
JohnO

If you are selecting 'Clear to' on the solution explorer copy, how are you not deleting the users' favorites that they setup in Production?

Hi Jean,

Right now my production users are using the "Whiffle Ball" (OneWorld) interface. We haven't decided if we are going to enable the favorites taskview. Seeing as how the users don't know it's there, they can't complain that I'm overwriting it, right?

Gregg Larkin
Praxair, Inc.
North American PeopleSoft
Enterprise One System Administrator

Don't know if you're willing, but I use SQL to pull tasks, task views and individual role setup from one environment to the other. Check out tables F9000 (tasks), F9001(task relationships), F9006 (Role/Task setup), F9005 (Task Overrides ..not used very often). As mentioned, you have to sync the H95|RL UDC between environments as well so the same roles show up in all envs.

I have so far not been able to figure out the difference between H95/RL roles and roles I create in P0092.
I so far have only created roles in P0092, associated them with user IDs and created security for these roles. Works for me so far.
I looked at my H95/RL and found stuff that looks like original, all JDExyz values.

Could anybody help me out, please.

Thanks, Gerd

I went through some Knowledge Jungle and found an answer my own question.
H95/RL is used only in Xe and ERP8. From E8.9 on roles are created in P0092. When upgrading to E8.9, H95/RL roles are converted into F0092 roles. I never messed with roles prior to E8.9, that´s why I got confused.
Hope I understood this right.

Gerd

Hi,
If you are on 8.9 or later you can use OMW to promote individual Task trees from one env to other. This will take the Fine cuts as well. You can try using OMW.
Mavlite

Back