Print Logo on Report

Noel_Harney72

Hi
I am looking for advice on printing a logo on a report.
I have read "ALL" posts to the JDEList which refer to LOGO and still cannot find an answer to my issue.
Within RDA I can view my logo which I created using a constant variable giving it a value of 12345 and a font type = our company logo font. The logo displays correctly within RDA but when the report is run the pdf displays 12345 rather than the logo. (The logo prints correctly when the font is used on a Word document.) Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks.
Noel

Hi Noel,
Assign your LOGO to a single charcter ( for ex: a or A ) when you create your LOGO font. place LOGO charachter (i.e A or a) in Constant variable and select your LOGO font and size. hope this helps.

Shams
JDE Developer
One World Xe SP 22
SQL Server 2000

This may seem like an obvious point but are you certain that the particular font is installed on the machine generating the .PDF?

The reason I ask is because I have been caught by that before.

Hi Noel,

I have done similar thing at a client. I basically used a font creator tool and developed a font then used that font within the RDA to achieve the desired result.

A typical font creator program lets you map a glyph to a character which essentially means that a particular glyph is mapped to a character code listed on a particular codepage. A custom font is developed by assigning characters to glyphs of your choice through font creating tools or programs.

A custom font can be utilized within reports to incorporate graphics that are not available within the One World software. Logos and barcodes can be incorporated in reports. A Custom font also enables the developer to utilize simple drawing features such as lines, arrows and curves of different shapes to draw boxes and circles around certain text.

For further detail please refer to the following .
http://ekinsystems.com/newsletterissue3.htm

Thank You
Salman Hussain
(920) 205-4610

Hi Salman,

I am in a similar position and like to try your method. Do you suggest any Font Creator software that I can try? Any information will be helpful.

Thank you,
Sayed Mohsen

Hi Mohsen,

I am not certain as to which program I used but here is one that I have heard good things about.

http://www.high-logic.com/fcp.html

For further information regarding the enhanced graphics please refer to my article.

http://ekinsystems.com/newsletterissue3.htm

Please let me know If there is anything more I can assist you with.

--
Thank You

Salman Hussain

eKin Systems, Inc.
4650 West Spencer Street
Appleton, WI 54914
[email protected]
www.ekinsystems.com

(920) 968 4645 Office
(920) 205 4610 Mobile
(920) 968 4650 Fax
--

Wow - this is exactly what I am trying to do as well. I have downloaded high logic's font creator program, but I am still struggling with this. Some say replace EVERY character with your bitmap, others say just add one glyph to the font. I am probably missing something very basic here.

I will keep on this and let the group know how it turns out.

I am at the same point as Noel started this thread. My constant, with a value of 'a' shows the graphic within RDA, put comes out as 'a' in the pdf. I am sure the font is on this machine - I see it in RDA, and all is run locally.

Is there more advice for us out there?

Hello Salman. The original problem Noel ran into is now my problem. I see it in RDA but not in the pdf.

Any ideas about that part?

Okay, my problem was font related NOT JDE. Adobe could not "see" my newly defined font. For now, I used font creator to put the signature in to an existing symbol font - Wingdings - and what I see in RDA is what I get in the pdf.

As Christian pointed out to me (in another message), your font changes have to go out to all servers and "not thin" client machines once you are done with them. Consider it part of the promotion to production.

My signature is still small though - I have it at size 72. Can anyone help with that - is it font related again?

My problem with small size/cut off signature was entirely due to the font. I am new with font creator and have solved the issue with the signature size. I did not have the image lined up in the glyph edit window correctly. I was centering the image on the red cross-hairs - not a good idea. Rather have the bottom left edge at the meeting of the red cross hairs and it will not be cut off.

Moving onto logos and doing the same thing - it is working, but the quality seems a little rough. I am using MS photo editor to resize my images. Is that a good idea or should I be using another tool?

cheers to all

I used this software a couple weeks ago to create a logo with gray tones is it. I got the best results by enlarging the image in mspaint. Then when you "Import Image" in FCP4, hit the Tracing tab and set all three fields to the lowest setting. Then on the Glyph tab set the Multiplier to 1. Doing this resulted in the cleanest image, but enlarging and editing the image in mspaint took quit a while.

At our site we use the Font Creator software available from High-Logic - it
works in an acceptable manner for us. Re: the issue before - is that new
font installed on the machine where the UBE is run? It needs to be.

-
Diana L. Maas
URS Corporation
Information Technology
P.O. Box 201088
Austin, TX 78720-1080

E-mail: [email protected]

| | ag_cjc |
| | <[email protected]|
| | om> |
| | Sent by: |
| | jdeowdev-bounces@|
| | jdelist.com |
| | |
| | |
| | 04/14/2004 08:17 |
| | AM |
| | Please respond to|
| | JDELIST One World|
| | Developers |
| | Discussions |
| | |
>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| |
| To: [email protected] |
| cc: |
| Subject: Re: Print Logo on Report |
>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I used this software a couple weeks ago to create a logo with gray tones is
it. I got the best results by enlarging the image in mspaint. Then when
you "Import Image" in FCP4, hit the Tracing tab and set all three fields to
the lowest setting. Then on the Glyph tab set the Multiplier to 1. Doing
this resulted in the cleanest image, but enlarging and editing the image in
mspaint took quit a while.
casey
XE, SP 22, U7, Citrix, W2K, AS/400
--------------------------
To view this thread, go to: http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat
=&Board=OWDEV&Number=70899

This is the JDELIST One World Developers Mailing List. To stop receiving
these messages, login to http://www.jdelist.com/forums, click Control
Panel, then click Edit by "Subscribe / Unsubscribe from receiving board
posts by email, change message notifications, etc." and adjust your
subscription preferences. JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

I have run into the EXACT same problem you did where RDA shows the graphic and the PDF doesn't. The post thread doesn't show the details. Can you tell me what you had to do? I added my glyph to the wingding font file, but I get the same result.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hey Phanson - my issues were all "location" related. When you can see the graphic in RDA, then you know the font is fine on that machine. Howver if you run it on the server, or via Jazz, you won't see the logo until you update the servers. It is just a matter of putting the font in the right directory on the servers. Unfortunately, I am not the CNC guy so I cannot tell you specifically where that is.

For other client machines (full client), put the font into a shared network folder. Make sure it is the wingding.ttf file - the one you open with font creator - and not the compiled font file c:\windows\font\wingdings.

From the client machine, use explorer or my computer to navigate to c:\windows\fonts, and delete wingdings. Use Control Panel, Fonts. Under the FILE tab, click on Install New Fonts. Change the drive to the network drive and naviagate to your wingding.ttf file. HIghlight it, ensure the check box is checked for copy fonts to fonts folder and click okay. If you run into problems, like 'cannot delete font', it is because Windows still has it open. Sometimes, you have to reboot first, then delete the font, etc. Sometimes after the install I have also had to reboot to "see" the font (you can save time by checking the font in Word rather than logging in to JDE, then OMW, etc)

Hope that helps - if you really need the CNC directory info, I can get it - but only for DB2 on Unix and Jazz.

So, what character in the wingdings font did you use for the signature glyph?

Paul Hanson
PeopleSoft Project Manager
Melaleuca, Inc.
3910 South Yellowstone
Idaho Falls, ID 83402
208-535-2316

EnterpriseOne ERP8
Intel/SQL Serve

I am OK with installing the font. When I'm in RDA, I can see the signature. However, when the output is previewed or run into a PDF the character assigned to the glyph prints rather than the glyph itself. Any ideas?

I am doing this same thing. I create a font and assigned a character to it. Then, when I try to use it in RDA, I see my signature. But, when I preview the output or run it out to a PDF I see the character I assigned rather than the signature. Do you know how to fix this?

I am unable to offer much help Paul. First, I stay away from preview as I had too many issues with it. As far as the see in RDA but not in the pdf, I can only suggest that I have heard of that before. Did you search the forums here? It sounds familiar, but I cannot convey anything concrete at this time.

I will update everyone if I remember. Good luck!

Hi,

You have to be sure that your custom font is install LOCALLY in the PC
where you open the PDF.

We decided to include logo and signature in invoices, and at the beginning,
we implemented the font solution, but since we send the invoice via email,
we realized that if the font was not installed in the client side, the logo
& signature was not displayed. Now we have CreateForm solution and it cover
all our expectations.

Regards

The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s)or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or legally
privileged material. Delivery of this message to any person other than