Applying SP22

wgrantusa

Well Known Member
I have read the install instructions for the 400 and for the client and they are exactly the same. Do I have to do this twice? I have down loaded both pieces and on the DS install part it says to install the service pack, which one: the client or the 400?

If I only have to do this once, then why download the two parts? Is there an install guide for service packs on the KG? I have not installed a SP before, just ESUs, so please excuse my ignorance.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Yes Stephanie, there is an installation document in exactly the same location as where you downloaded the service pack. It is release dependant - so ensure you get the right document.

You need to install the Enterprise Server's Service Pack AND the Client Service Pack on the deployment server. The Client Service Pack will update the deployment server foundation - and the ES service pack will uncompress a file under the deployment servers' host directory ready for FTP or whatever.

Read the instructions VERY carefully. Also, be VERY careful about SP22_P1 since there are severe issues regarding security (see other posts on the subject)

Like Jon said, it's release dependent. For the AS400, in addition to updating the DS, you should see steps to update the libraries on the AS400 manually (about 24 steps) using FTP and RSTLIB commands, and other AS400 commands.

There was a typo in SP22 AS400 steps, see KG document OTI-03-0109. I think there were also some issues if you wanted to view old reports since the new SP changed the Printqueue library somehow. You can get the fixes searching this list.

One thing we always add is deleting all the OneWorld related SQLPKGs before bringing the services back up.

Grant.

Yeah, I saw that ESU for the passwords, it is a little scary.

I was going to wait until R1 came out which I heard was supposed to be soon, but I was told this needs to be done ASAP. Nothing like throwing me to the sharks. I prefer to stay in World, where I can swim with the dolphins.

Looks like P1 got recalled. DON'T INSTALL IT !

O1 is supposed to be available - but I'm having trouble getting access....

I saw that yesterday, I am not going to install it. My install date is Feb
14th (of all days) so what ever is available is what I am taking. Happy
Valentine's Day to me!

Stephanie
William Grant & Sons, Inc
Edison, NJ
As400 V5R1 XE XU7, SP20_P1

Back