R03B16 Stats History Update - search for help

macgibbond

I have recently begun trying to run the UBE R03B16 to update the F03B16 and F03B16S tables.
The initial run went for over 8 days and completed successfully.

In order to promote the process to Production I needed to reduce the runtime, so applied ESUs JD12769,4350,5371 in Dev/Crp.
This was supposed to speed up the process and prevent the UBE from ending in "error"
I ran the "repost" R03B163, and have now attempted to rerun R03B16 which so far has been going 2.5 days.

Table F03B11 has about 7 million records
Table F03B13 has about 1 million records
Table F03B14 has about 6 million records

My questions are;
Has anyone else gone through the pain of this UBE, and if so, can you provide any help in speeding up the process.
Have I missed something critical in the process?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

This UBE is notorious for running a long time. Our tables are not as large as your's. The first time we ran this it did take considerable tim, I can't remember how long. We run this monthly and it takes about 7 to 8 hours. It could be indexes or something else. Because of our relatively small database the time taken is not a great inconvenience if we run it monhtly. I have heard that some places run ti nightly.

Table F03B11 has 430,000 records
Table F03B13 has 171,000 records
Table F03B14 has 412,000 records

Hi Douglas!

Thats a fairly chunky database you have there!

Have you tried splitting the run into multiple versions, each using a subset of the data, say split by gl-offset, or one of the category codes ?

Warm regards

Peter

Runs for *&^% hours! ( I have had 8 days before completion!)
It uses tables such as F03b11,112,13,14 and calculates the Statistical Information for each debtor. There are various calculations to do, some of which can be turned off through processing options.
None the less, with several million rows in the main tables it seems a ridiculously poor effort by the code.
I am looking for ways to test the process and hav it in a workable fashion before I promote to production.

The R03B16 is one step in a process to generate A/R statistics via a raft of A/R reports.

When I tried to set up and run mine (after a conversion from World to OneWorld), the report runs for a very short period of time and contains very few records.

Is there any tweaking that anyone had to do when running the "stats set" for the first time?

Did you get any solutions for this problem? My files are no where as big as yours (yet), but the report falls over every time with an error "An Insert or Update failure to the F03B16S or F03B16 has occurred."

Cheers,
Matt

Hi
I am facing the same problem now. R03B16 ended up with errors after run for 4 days. F03B16 had 3.9 milion records. Have you solved this problem? Can you please share your experience?

Thanks
Sathish
B7333 - SP 19.1

Hi
Is the ESUs JD12769,4350 and 5371 helping to avoid error's while running R03B16? Is it required to set Date Pattern for all companies?

Please help me on this issue.

Thanks
Sathish

Hi List
Did anyone found solution to improve the performance of R03B16? I am also facing the same problem that ube runs for 40hrs.

Thanks
Prakash
Xe Update 7 SP22, Co-exist

Back