OneWorld Xe to EnterpriseOne 8.9 Upgrade

ice_cube210

VIP Member
Hi List,

Anyone out there who has upgraded OneWorld Xe to EnterpriseOne 8.9.

I am about to upgrade my Xe system (Windows / Oracle) to
EO 8.9. Any tips and pointers that any one would like to share....

Thanks in Advance

First of all make sure that you have the EnterpriseOne 8.9 CD's created after Dec 03. If you had the original CD's then you have to Install EnterpriseOne, then the SP1 then Update 0. CD's created after Dec 03 are remastered with SP1 and Update 0. Too bad I had already done 3 upgrades without these new CD's.

You should go to the Best Practices section on the KG to look up all the news on the Upgrade - great site that helps alot.

After the upgrade make sure you run the post upgrade tasks and rread the security section in the 8.9 System Admin Book. You will need to runa few jobs to convert security. These jobs are listed in the upgrade guide but make better senses in the System Admin book.

Colin

Colin,
can you please tell me how to find the 8.9 system admin book? I HATE THE
KG right now! I have such a hard time finding anything. Thanx!
Libbi Fletcher
HoMedics
AS400 V5R1 U3 SP20 NT/W2K

Are you planning for an upgrade? Why not wait for 8.10 due in May 2004. SP3
for 8.9 (due in April 04) will be last SP for 8.9. The next full release is

Shashank

ERP8 SP22F1/Win 2000/JAS/SQL 2000

we are upgrading as part one of a distribution implementation plan.
plus I don't want to be the "pioneer".

Re: RE: OneWorld Xe to EnterpriseOne 8.9 Upgrade

I am not sure that you are right Shashank

Has anyone else heard of plans by peoplesoft to phase out 8.9 with a version called 8.1 ?

It seems kind of ridiculous, to release a version for only 8 months or so - then to completely release a newer version !

I've been out of the loop a couple of months, so it'd be interesting to hear of stories about this. If true, its going to cause a LOT more hurt than help.

Re: RE: OneWorld Xe to EnterpriseOne 8.9 Upgrade

I heard last week from a consultantgroup in the Netherland, there will come two upgrades on release 8.9
The first is due about May, the next is not known yet.

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the info. You say you have already done 3 upgrades to 8.9 . Did you follow the steps in mentioned in the document OTM-03-0024. My CD's are dated Dec 2003. Does that mean , that there is no base service pack for my CD's. And there is no CD for Update 0 either.

Could you give me a basic flow , that you followed for your upgrade if possible

Thanks

Back