Installation fail

arulthas

arulthas

Hi All,

I want to install fat client in a XP workstation. At the end of the installation I get the following error from jdeinst.log which is “CInstaller::ConfigureSecurity (): Licensing configuration failed.” I understand at end of the installation the system will register the workstation name in the jde system. I don’t have this problem when I login as administrator. How can I perform the installation without changing the profile in client workstation?

Thank you.

Regards,
Arulthas.

One can have local administrative rights without login as administrator and install client to that machine

Thanks

Taher

hi,

you just need access to the share on the depl server.
ie. \\servername\b7333\client
(thats where it wants to write the security)

Hi Alaric,

Can I know which file in specific JDE updates? I do not want to given all the right for the whole directory.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Arulthas.

i take it you are using add/remove programs to install the client so that
the machine is in install mode?

For installation purposes, I get myself setup as a local admin on the PC and I already have full admin rights on the Deployment server. I logon to the local machine and perform all of the Fat Client installs, but I only have 4 Fat Clients and about 300 Terminal Server clients. The NT Admins also have rights to the DS, so they take care of the TS installations.

Arulthas

The files that get updated on the deployment server Client folder are jdeclnt.ddc and jdeclnt.xdc

Patty

Arulthas,

To have access to write on to any system and update registry one needs to be administrator equivalent. From control panel - Users & passwords... add user to that machine in administrator group.
The next time that users logs in he will be able to receive the package.
Licensing configuration failed - error can also be for the hostname being more that 15 characters long for DS to register.

Thanks

Tahe

Back