2 Questions, Pls help

sanps

Hi list,
I am having two questions in my mind. Please help me!
1) How to pass values back to calling form from message form (Like confirmation of deletion etc.)
2) I created a new DD & new search n select form for the same.
As per my knowlwdge I can pass only one item in search n select form interconnect.
Now at run time (in any form where this DD item is used), I want to pass one more field value (This field will always added
with DD field for which i have created search n select form) to search n select form.
For example - I created a new field say MAN8 & search n select form for the same. Now i want to pass MCU field value always,
How can I achive this?

Thank you in advance.

Sandeep
Oneworld XE, Service Pack 21
Win 2k, Oracle 9i

Sandeep,

1) Pass values back via the called form's data structure. You will need to populate the additional fields in some event in the called form (i.e. Select, OK, Cancel [Button is Clicked]).

2) S/S forms pass only one field automatically but you can override this with added logic (see above).

Now you may encounter an additional problem (I can't remember too well - past fading....) in that you may have to explicitly call the form from the override visual assist event.

Try this for now and if you hit any additional problems be sure to post them here -- along with your final solution - so others can benefit.

Ben again

I _believe_ that you disable the visual assist.
You also call the system function to "bypass visual assist"
and explicitly call your search select.

Find the thread JDEList "Search & Select returning values to Multiple Forms Controls", from Jan 24, 2002.

The Great Zoltan lead me through it back then.
It did work well.

Good luck.

1) Include your new DD items at the end of the Data Structure for the Search and Select form
2) In design mode on the calling form open the 'Visual Assist Button Clicked' event rule and enter the following code.
...a) A 'General' System Function called 'Suppress Default Visual Assist Form'.
...b) A Form Interconnect call to your new Search & Select form, which may in fact be the same form that was being called by default, the only difference now being that you have control over the data structure and can utilise all of the variables

You can now manipulate the data as you see fit. I use this method alot when I want to pass filter data to a Search & Select form and when I want additional data back from a S&S form.

Good Luck

Back