41/IN & integrity reports

jdeconsult2002

Dear All,
I have researched on this topic in white papers and JDE manual but am not yet satisfied on my findings, rather i still have several doubts. I have also gone through a few posts on our site.
1. What is the logic of the 41/IN udc and how does R41543 use the same. My understanding is as below:

This UDC is set-up for each document type and using the 1st Position of Description 1 the program decides the Object accounts which are valid for each document type. The codes in this UDC represent the AAI's which will be interrogated to find the valid Object Account codes as follows...

1 - 4240 & 4241
2 - 4310 & 4385
3 - 4122, 3110, 3910, 4134, 4152, 4162, 4172, 4240, 4241, 4310, 4385, 4330

So, the program goes out to the AAI tables and builds a list of Object Accounts using the Company (and Company 00000) and the G/L Class (and G/L Class '****') from the F4111 record. It ignores the Doc Type. It then reads all F0911 records and looks up the valid Object Account list that it has built ...
(for the Doc Type / Doc no / DocCo / GL date combination of records selected from F4111)
to determine whether this F0911 should be included in the Account Ledger figure.

Now the Q is :
1. Confirmation of the above

2. If no doc types are included in 41/IN, then system will use rule 3. In this case for any doc type how does the system understand which DMAAI table to look at. Will it look at all the DMAAI tables in rule3, AND wherever it finds a matching combination of CO & GL CLASS, it will select all such relevant object accounts, and then go on to F0911 ??
In that case there is always the possibility of it locating more than one object a/c for the CO + GL Class combination.

2. Does it need to be set up for all user defined doc types or only for user defined sales order/invoice, PV's i.e. Rule 1 & 2 related documents only.

3. We would like to run the following reports on a regular basis as scheduler jobs. Can anyone direct me if there is anything specific order in which these should be run. Given below is the order that we propose :
- R31802 for all orders with status =95, (R31804 may be run later after researching variances
- R09800 for posting all open batches
- R41542
- R41548
- R41544
- R41543

3. R41542 (AS OF ) will select only such records from F4111 which have the (As of post) IPCD field as ' ' blank.
In case of work orders unless R31802 is run in final mode i.e. status is brought to 97, the F4111 record of IM & IC will continue having a 'S' flag for IPCD and hence will not appear in the AS OF FILE.
However, these F4111 records will obviously get considered in F41021 (ITEM LOCATION) field for Qty on hand.
Kindly confirm my observation.

An urgent response from anyone will be highly appreciated.
Thanks a lot.
Best Regards,

Tej bhatt

Tej,

Very interesting post.
Cannot answer all your questions but just some observations.

Running the R31802 on scheduler
I would agree with this, however it appears you only intend running it in proof mode for WO's completed. Why proof mode, I have always felt that this report is only updating the g/l with activity that has already occured. I see little benefit in running it in proof, unlike the R31804 variance report which should always be run in proof.
In addition I would have another final version of R31802 running which would data select on WO's less than 95 but would not update the status of you WO's.

With these 2 final versions of R31802 running before the "AS OF" it would solve your "S" flag on IPCD issue.

Also I would be interested on how you intent to schedule the R41543 given the G/L date processing options.

Will be very interested in all replies to your post.

Colin

Back