V5R1 to V5R2

Tim2632000

All-
Has anyone had any problems with V5R1 to V5R2? We have separate AS400 boxes for DEV, PY and PD and we are testing DV and PY at V5R2 before upgrading the PD box. We have experienced a few data corruption probs. on DV and suspect it might be related to the DBDR (JDE middleware) between V5R1 and R2. Any thoughts on this?

-Tim (AS400, SP22, XU7 V5R2 and R1)

I've not seen issues myself with V5R2 - however, I would strongly suspect that your PTF levels are a little off - I know a bunch of PTF levels had to be applied to the last V5R2 customer I was at.

Try to get hold of the JDE IBM Solutions Center - their website is located at http://www.ibm-jdedwards.com and they have contact information there that will help. They also have a number at 1 888 426-5505

Tim,

We have been at V5R2 for a while now and the only problem we had was with DBCS Builds. IBM eventually came up with a fix. This had to do with a problem with the C compliler and handling CCSID's correctly at compile time.

We have had NO data related errors.

Hope this helps.

Tom Davidson

Hi,

We upgraded to V5R2 from V5R1 and shortly afterwards to B9 or 8.9 (or whatever you choose to call it!). Whilst there were no issues reported in ERP 8, we had lots of issues with 8.9. They are resolved now through applying lots of PTFs and upgrading Client Access Express. The IBM APAR was updated recently and I would recommend you are up to date with this.

Best Regards,

Sanjeev

Are there any MTR when one upgrades from V5R1 to V5R2. Such as SP level.
Thanks

--
Senior Technical Consultant
17611 E. Tennessee Pl.
Aurora, CO 80017
Work 303-337-1906
Cell 303-885-1405
Fax 303-306-1800

There's the PSFT MTR, then there's the IBM PTF list. I believe that the latest OW SP that's supported on V5R2 is SP20. There are a slew of PTF's you'll need to verify with IBM. The PSFT MTR's for OW are on the regular ES MTR page, and other than service pack level, I don't think there's a requirement on Update level or such. Just make sure you get the latest fixes for iSeries Access, that's been a big gotcha, as well as the DB fixes for V5R2.

Good luck,

Jim

Back