TSE Print queue

franklin

We just experienced a problem with one of our Terminal servers not being able to locate the PDF file that was created. I have found that the B7\printqueue directory on the TSE has PDF's in it...that should not be. All UBEs should be run on our batch server. It seems some reports are going locally on the TSE while others are actually going to the batch server...any ideas?? I am at a loss.

Franklin

Franklin,

A couple things of consideration...

First - why are you running UBEs on the TS? Most sites do not allow UBEs to
run on the TSE - because of cache-collision, memory sharing and other things
that can cause the TSE to 'chunk out and die'.

Second - is the same user logged in, that originally ran the UBE 'locally'
to the TSE? Some sites setup the server in such a way that each user can
have their own printqueue folder.

Third - are you on the same TSE? Meaning - most servers are part of a farm.
Are you sure that you connected to the same server?

HTH

Daniel

Looking for work out west
Daniel Bohner | JDE P/A III | Freelance-JDE/Web/Photo
www.ExistingLight.Net | www.ExtremeSights.com | [email protected]
JDE XE | SP20 | AS/400 | V5R1

Re: RE: TSE Print queue

An additional comment to Daniel's questions: when you define an alternate location for the PDFs, JDE issues an error message if that dirve location is unavailable and the user won't be able to view the PDF... at least that's how it works with a Unix ES.

Hi Frankin,
My understanding is as follows. When a submits a job to run on the enterprise server the PDF is produced on the enterprise sever. When they go to view the PDF using submitted jobs, a copy in brought over to the terminal server or fat client so it can be viewed. It is placed in the B7\print queue directory at that time.
This copy goes only to the terminal server they are logged onto.
So in any case, while I am unsure why you could not find a particular PDF, it is not unusual to find PDFs in the print queue directory.
Regards,
Dave

Thanks guys (gals) for your help...Dave seems to have hit it on the head. I appreciate your help.

Franklin

Back