Related PO/SO Number, how does it work?

VECHIZ

Hello everyone, I'm trying to figure out how this Related PO/SO Number feature works. I can't find proper documentation that explains exactly what's this for.

What I'm trying to do is that after creating a sales order, use the releated PO/SO field in F4211 to keep a purchase order number. Also, I want to be able to keep different purchase order number and line for different lines in the sales order. Is this possible? Where can I find good documentation on how this works and what's intended for?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I don't know where the documentation is but,
when you create a "D" line type on an order,
JDE automatically creates a PO.

The PO# created is placed in the RORN column.
On the PO rows created, the SO# is populated in the RORN column.

What really stinks about it is that RORN is an ALPHA
making it that you cannot join to the PO rows because DOCO is numeric.
World had the same "feature".

Gene

Gene, thanks for the info. One more thing, you say that OW "automatically creates a PO for D line type..." My question is, when does this happen, at sales order entry?

Joran,

The D line Type is a direct ship linetype that generates a purchase order for the sales detail line. We use this fields for linking stocked items with their related purchase order lines. A warning: this field assumes that it is a directship linetype. Partial deliveries on purchase orders resulting in partial shipments from salesorders result in additional lines in the purchase order (after the pick slip has split the SO line). This is just one of the side effects.

Greetings,

Walter

VECHIZ,
did you ever find out when the PO # is created when a Sales Order is entered for Direct Ship?

Back