"Custom" G/L Subledger Type

jpplaster

\"Custom\" G/L Subledger Type

We need to add a new or custom G/L Subleger Type. It needs to validate against values stored in a table; this can be a custom table or an existing table. According to documentation, only 'X', 'Y', and 'Z' types are available to add, but they do not validate against any tables.

Are there any other options? When entering a G/L entry or in the post process, is there a business function that performs this validation? We are just looking for some ideas to help us begin the customization if necessary, or a way to do it 'by the book'. Thanks,

JP

RE: \"Custom\" G/L Subledger Type

Greetings

Have you had a look at structured subledgers,(type S). Effectively a =
custom
subledger that has a validation process to a custom UDC that you define =
and
maintain (like a master file). There is documentation on the knowledge
garden and in the user guides. I have found this a better option than =
using
types x,y or z.

Try it, perhaps it is a good footprint for your requirements.

AE

Re: \"Custom\" G/L Subledger Type

JP,

you can explore subledger type S capabilities in order to be able to validate your subledger on a custom UDC (see P09071 for "Flex Format Subledger" for relevant setup).

Regards,

Carlo

Carlo,

Thanks for the reply...I forgot to mention we are already using Subledger Type 'S' for something else, using the flex format setup you mentioned. Is there a way to use a similar format for another subledger type, because it works great in that format. We are using 55/ST for the UDC. We could use 56/ST for this new set of valid codes, but the controller doesn't want to comingle the 2 different sets of valid codes under 'S'.

jp

JP,

the other standard way is to setup module 16 (OW only, I suppose) and use Cost Object data instead of Subledger (see P1620 - F1620 - Wiork With Cost Object Type) ... but this is another story ...

In order to obtain an additional Subledger Type to be validate in a custom way, you will need (IMO) to customize X0909 BF "Validate Subledger".

Regards,

Carlo

Back