WC Rate not Setup versus WC Rate=0

Krofire.com

Krofire.com

Reputable Poster
The Business I am working with is using a long-established Model solution in OneWorld Xe - and the long term Project Team have convinced themselves of certain truths. Therefore I wanted a quick sanity check from the 'List about Work Center Rates:

I have ALWAYS believed that if you have a W/C with no F30008 Rate Table setup (for the relevant Cost Method) then this will cause an error at Time Entry P311221 if you tried to book hours against that W/C. I have tested this in JDE5 Standalone and can confirm this.

However, my colleagues try to convince me that if they HAVE added the F30008 Rate Table but the Rates are ZERO ("0") then this will also cause an error. (Therefore they setup all zero rates = £0.01/hr.) I have never believed this and my test prove I am right. I get no error at any stage in P311221, R31422 or R31802. A Zero Rate is valid.

Has anyone had a problem in Xe with a zero W/C Rate causing an error through P311221 (even if it the MBF used with a 3rd Part SFDC system)? I checked the KG for SARs but found none.

I do know that the R30801'Costing Exceptions' returns a level "30" error for a Zero Rate, as opposed to a level "40" error for No Rate.

You are absolutely right Brown. With W/C rate zero it works and it has to, because logic search for a record in F30008. Even if it is zero it works.

Manufacturing and Distriburion Consultant
Deloitte Consulting

Mark,

I have seen an error with work center rates not set-up if you don't have a rate in the F30008 for the cost method in the F4801T - WO Tag file - which, may be different than what is currently coded at the item b/p. It takes the b/p value at creation of the header and if that ws wrong and you don't have the rates, you won't be able to process the order. Maybe this is what they're referring to.

Hi folks,
I have an observation regarding W/C rates.
My client is NOT in favor of setting W/C rates and is using 07 cost method for sales/inventory cost.
We encountered an issue wherein user wanted to complete a work order with superbackflush application P31123. However, system wasn't allowing it complete by giving an hard error - Work Center rates NOT setup.
When checked, first workcenter was not a superbackflush w/c and had no 07 header line [no simulated/frozen rates] in F30008 table.
1686049931011.png 1686050025988.png But , W/C 144806 had no header line set in F30008 , system is NOT allowing to complete WO with superbackflush.
Once updated a header line for 144801 with 07 cost , P31123 application allowed to complete the Work Order.
As we all know, when wo is created F4801T table is updated with LEDG field and looks for the same in WO's routing table.
Although NO rates are defined, system always look for Work Order routing > W/C > W/C rates [Header value with same cost method] as in F4801T.
Hope this helps !

Last edited:
The Business I am working with is using a long-established Model solution in OneWorld Xe - and the long term Project Team have convinced themselves of certain truths. Therefore I wanted a quick sanity check from the 'List about Work Center Rates:

I have ALWAYS believed that if you have a W/C with no F30008 Rate Table setup (for the relevant Cost Method) then this will cause an error at Time Entry P311221 if you tried to book hours against that W/C. I have tested this in JDE5 Standalone and can confirm this.

However, my colleagues try to convince me that if they HAVE added the F30008 Rate Table but the Rates are ZERO ("0") then this will also cause an error. (Therefore they setup all zero rates = £0.01/hr.) I have never believed this and my test prove I am right. I get no error at any stage in P311221, R31422 or R31802. A Zero Rate is valid.

Has anyone had a problem in Xe with a zero W/C Rate causing an error through P311221 (even if it the MBF used with a 3rd Part SFDC system)? I checked the KG for SARs but found none.

I do know that the R30801'Costing Exceptions' returns a level "30" error for a Zero Rate, as opposed to a level "40" error for No Rate.
Absolutely correct, Brown. With a work center rate of zero, the SAP S/4HANA system still operates effectively, because it logically searches for a record in F30008. So, even if the rate is zero, SAP S/4HANA ensures everything works as expected.

Back