CNC Gurus - not writing to message log from LOCAL UBE error

Memorom

Calling all gurus!

Hey guys and girls, I have a bit of a weird one. When I submit a job LOCALLY using the Fat Client I am getting an error window..."System may become unstable" and a record is not being written to the message log. If I submit the job to the server everything is fine.

This happens with ALL jobs submitted LOCALLY. If you sign in as a user without an Address Book record the error does not happen as there is no message log to write as it fails on fetching an AB record for the user. It happens at the very last step when the job finishes and tries to shut down the UBE process and launch the .pdf. The job completes and does what it is supposed to except write to the Work Center tables.

I am attaching the relevant part of both the Client log and the Server log and I have highlighted the Insert statements in the Server log that are msissing from the CLient log. Also, please note that the select statements that look to tables F01131, F01131T, F01133, F00165 in the Client Log all bring back NO value. The Update statement to the Next Number table does work but it seems to be failing to grab and insert the Next Number, 151030 in this case, that it was replacing. All of the Select statements use 151030 and they are all returning no value.

The one thing to note is that this never used to be a problem until I had to completely restore my Database from a backup. Ever since then I have seen this problem. JDE has not been able to help.

Attachments

• 57133-Client_Server_Log.doc
    64 KB · Views: 249
Yes, it happens in all environments...kind of...any existing installs of a Fat Client are fine, but if I install a full package for a new Fat Client then I have the problem. Unfortunately, through troubleshooting this issue I rebuilt a new Full Package and installed it. Also, if you uninstall the Fat and reinstall it again using an old Full Package it happens as well. So the specs for all the Full Packages seem to be affected.

Just so you know...I am using SQL 7.0 SP3 running XE SP19.1_B1 w/Update 6 on Win2K.

This may not be it but it might be something to look at.

One thing that gets rewritten during a Package install is the “ODBC Data Sources”. To eliminate this as the problem I suggest you use regedit to export the odbc settings from both a working client and non-working client and compare the two.

OK...I will look at that.

In the meantime, I have managed to track down a working version of each environment on a combination of Fat clients. So, what I am doing tonight is just a file copy from a working PD7333 folder to replace a non-working folder. If this works than I will have working specs on all my Fat clients in all environments, but like I said, when I create a new Full Package it seemed to corrupt the specs on the Fat again.

Am I able to replace the Deployment server specs with these "good" specs from my Fat Clients somehow?

BTW...thanks for your help on this.

Steve

Memorom

Does the Adobe execuable exist on the local machine? See if you can open any adobe document on the machine.

Patty

Whenever I see the 'system may become unstable' message, it has to do with User Overrides. For the user with the problem, delete ALL of their user overrides.

It happens for all users using a particular Fat client. The Adobe executable is on their machine and it works for everything else.

I am sure it has something to do with a specific Business Function. Is there anyway to track down which BF calls the write to message log function?

You might want to post this message on the OneWorld developer's forum. The
business function must have to do with the Work Center. Are you getting any
messages in the JDE.log or jdedebug.log? Have you tried reloading the fat
client?

Jean Driscoll
AS/400 Co-existent Xe 17.1, Update 4/A73Cum12
WWW.JDETips.com

Back