New Branch Plant?

JohnEcc

We are a manufacturing company which operates two plants. At both plants the manufacturing, sales ordering and distribution all happens within the one branch plant. We have a requirement to set up a satellite warehouse which will split the distribuion workload for one of our plants. Some of our sales order types will be despatched from the satellite whilst others will continue to despatch from the existing plant. Is there a way to handle this other than having to set up an additional branch plant? Appreciate any thoughts,

cheers,
John

John,

If the same product is stocked in both Locations (Satellite & Current) then you have a problem as I do not believe that you can direct your Sales Orders to different locations by Order Type automatically using standard SOP/Inventory.

Note: I am not sure whether Advance Warehousing allows Picking rules by Order Type (if you are using Adv. Warehousing?)

Hi John,
It may not give exactly what you want - but take a look at the inventory allocation preference.
I have used this to "spill" over to other warehouses when there was not enough stock.

If you do not sell the same product from the two then may just do the job.

I hope this helps

Best regards

Peter

Thanks Craig and Peter for your responses to my question on attempting to
avoid the setup of an additional branch plant.
We will be despatching the same products from both locations so have decided
now to go with a new branch plant. We will carry out a small mod to SOM to
ensure specified order types are directed to the appropriate branch plant,

Cheers,
John

HP9000 Xe SP18.1 Update 4

Back