Thread: SP22

SP22

Has anyone applied SP22? I like what I saw in the web client, just don't want to be the first one to hit a major issue. Anyone have any experience, especially in the AS/400 enterprise server and NT web server arena?

Thanks.

Re: SP22

If you go with SP22-C1 or higher you'll probably get SP22 with most of the "bugs" eliminated. However, if you have more specific questions about SP22 than send me an e-mail at meathorne@yahoo.com and I may be able to put you in touch with someone who is running SP22.
    Mike Eathorne
    James Ryan Consulting, Inc.
    EnterpriseOne Consultant
    Michigan, USA
    Mike.Eathorne@JamesRyanConsulting.com
    (248) 514-9727

I realise that issues raised should have been fixed, but are you aware of any major issues that came with SP22. It is always handy to know problems that are associated with releases.
    EP One 8.10, Tools Release: 8.96.2.1, Oracle Application Server 10g Release 2 (10.1.2),
    Fat Client, Citrix XE and Portal. Windows Server 2003, SQL 2000, Create Print, Olapworks

Hi,

we tested SP22 + C1 - Multiple Foundation - together with update 7 and had no SP issues.
    The system was W2K, no Web-Server
    Regards
    Herbert
    Herbert Sickel
    XE at several sites, w MS-SQL2000, Oracle, WIN-NT, WIN2000, HP9000 with MC-Serviceguard,
    JAS,Metaframe
    8..9 SP2 with Oracle and W2K

www.exjdedwards.com - a great site!

We have been SP22 Beta Web for two months and went SP22 GA Web + Enterprise server two weeks ago. We are not in production yet, however there have been no major issues so far. We took SP22 for the Web improvements.
    Gerard

Mike,

Please can you help me. I read that there is a new 'Read Only Reports' feature with SP22. Is this a new type of security, to explain further... Solution Explorer = Security Type A, Application Security = Security Type 3, Action Type Security = Type 1, etc. Does this new Read Only Reports have a new Security type, and if so, what is it. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    JBee

I read the net change documentation for SP22 and it does mention that the new functionality is implemented via the Security Workbench. I have not seen any other related documentation. I would go into the workbench and look for a new row exit. If there is nothing there, use the flashlight in the workbench grid to see if there is a new value for Type. I'll be putting this on next week, in test, and can help you better then.
    Jean Driscoll
    Emerald Cube Solutions
    Quest Technology SIG
    Senior AS/400 and CNC support

Be sure all your users have a default role assigned. If not you will not see any menu's when they log in. That is one thing I found right away. Other then that I haven't seen anything.
    One World XE Update 7 SP22_Q1
    Enterprise = AS/400 V5R2 Running Mimix for HA
    Deployment = SQL Server 2000 SP2
    Clients = 20 FAT Win2K SP3, Thin Win2k SP3 Citrix XP FR3

Thread Information