Thread: Which Oracle version

Which Oracle version

How does OneWorld determine which oracle client to run? I have a user that can't see attachments. When I sign onto OW this is a warning that Oracle 7 will no longer be supported and to upgrade to Oracle 8. Then when I bring up the po attachments I get further errors about data type inconsistencies. This machine has both versions of Oracle and it should be running the 8.0.5 client version. I don't see anything in the jde.ini file that would point to it so I'm assuming it's in the registry somewhere. Any thought?

Patty

XE/SP23_T1/Update 5,Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Server and SQL2005/SP3 Enterprise Edition. database.
    9.0/8.98.4.2/Update 2, Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Server and SQL2008 R2/SP1

Re: Which Oracle version

Hello Patty,
    It is not a registry. It is a path on your computer.
    Check Control Panel, System, Advanced Tab, Environment variables, variable Path.
    JDE takes the first Oracle path to run the client.

Alex.
    XE, Oracle, Sun

Thanks for the quick response. I just talked to one of the desktop techies. On the pc with the problem he had me do the oracle home selector and it comes up as Oracle8. He believes this program gets it's info from the path variable. The jde.log says it's running Oracle 7. We can't figure out why.

Patty
    XE/SP23_T1/Update 5,Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Server and SQL2005/SP3 Enterprise Edition. database.
    9.0/8.98.4.2/Update 2, Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Server and SQL2008 R2/SP1

Patty,

follow Alex's advice. The Oracle Home setting is something else.
    Larry Jones
    E1 9.2 - TR 9.2.2.6 on Win 2016 R2. SQL Server 2016
    Wintel, BI Publisher

Thread Information