Securing UTB

bukosknr

Well Known Member
Is there an easy way to secure users out of UTB, or the data that they can see in UTB?

We run on an AS/400 and what we do is have different Database user profiles that are used to give a user a JOBQ but also could be used to secure them out of specific files (Such as HR data) But now we are finding a need to secure them out from even seeing any PROD data... I was hoping for a way that doesn't involve me changing all the file security for the proddta lib.

Any ideas or examples of how you do it, would be great!!

Nick

Since UTB is an external call application you can secure it in security workbench for specific users or groups of users.

Thank you. I found that by using the menu gh902 on the external calls screen.

Now my next question is, can you secure out what Data sources users / groups can select from UTB?

Thanks!

You would have to apply row level or column security on the tables in question.

You can also apply Application security to P98TAM. This is the search window within UTB. Even though it is classed as an external application it still adheres to JDE security.

As suggested, to secure users out of UTB, use the Security workbench type 'External Call' security. For seeing rows of data, you need to use the workbench 'Row' Security. UTB uses the Row security just like any application/report to filter records.

Back