JDELIST forum and mailing list guidelines

ekempter

ekempter

Administrator
The topics of the JDELIST forums and mailing lists is JDEdwards(c) Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software. This includes discussions pertaining to any module, application, or software associated with JDEdwards ERP software.

Forums and mailing lists are moderated. Job ads and job requests should be posted in the Opportunities forum only. E-mail harvesters, recruiter ads, flames, and commercial ads are not allowed on the lists. References to commercial products should be restricted to name and contact.

Need help on Address Book change

All

I need to perform this task on an urgent basis. Before moving to PROD, we have decided to change the address book numbers. Since, the data has been setup in all the other tables, I was trying to identify the tables which might get affected. We are using Contract Billing, so, i have thought of F0006, F5201, and a custom table. Could you point me to other tables?

your inputs would be a great help.

Thanks

Re: Need help on Address Book change

Frankly its too late - I would not undertake this if I was paid!!

There are lots of files that use the AB #:-
Bus's
Co's
F01xxx
F03xxx
F04xxx
F42xxx
F09xx
and so on - basically you would need to look through ALL files.

The only alternative and this has a big BUT, is to run all your conversion programs again.....The but is that these would all have to run like clockwork, and in any implementation they rarely are complete.

Can you post why you want to change the AB#s?

Best regards

Peter

RE: Need help on Address Book change

I would avoid changing your address book numbers if at all possible.

But, the best way to find where things are used is to use the Cross
Reference utility. On the Data Items tab, choose Tables Using a Data Item.
Look for every table with AN8. That will get you most of them, but not all
because there are some other data elements that are address book number
(ANPL in the F4102 is one example).

Like I said, you are trying to fry a pretty big fish here.

Ellen Deak
Senior Analyst/Programmer
Cooper Standard Automotive
OneWorld Xe SP 17, AS/400 DB2

Ellen Deak
Senior Analyst/Programmer
Cooper-Standard Automotive
OneWorld Xe (B7333, Service Pack 17)
AS/400 DB2

Re: Need help on Address Book change

I wouldn't touch this either. Ugh!

Might I add to this post that there exists a defined set of rules regarding "netiqette" on the list. I just started a new thread and have already received a handful of Out of Office Auto Replies in the few minutes since.

I'd advise everyone to read these netiquette threads, if you haven't already. If you receive JDE list posts in your email, please set up your autoresponders to reply only to internal mail, or to not reply to mail from the list.

Thanks,

Back