Central objects migration failure for interactive programs

timallen

timallen

Well Known Member
Hi everybody,
I just migrated PY7333 to PD7333. The method I used was to grab all of the modifications made in PY7333, put them in OMW projects at status 26, and pass them to status 38. I also did a R98403 to pass all of the tables in the Versions PY source to Versions PD (this was unnecessary, I know).

Problem: After I got done, the central object PD7333 tables that hold interactive apps were empty. These tables are:
F98740
F98741
F98750
F98751
F98752
F98753

The strange thing is, I was able to make a full package for PD, and a lot of users have it installed, and it's working. We found out about the trouble because our users with partial packages installed can't start OneWorld-- it fails, and the debug log points to a failure to find specs in the central objects table F98752 (FDA/SW Versions Repository Header Info).

This is all a bit of a mystery to me. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Tim :

If I were you, I would copy the whole Central Objects (Objects, Versions, OL
entries) and pathcode from PY7333 to PD7333.
After that you've got to fix the VRENHV field on F983051. It's easier and
you know that you had copied the whole environment.

Regards, Sebastian Sajaroff

----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 9:51 AM
Subject: Central objects migration failure for interactive programs

grab all of the modifications made in PY7333, put them in OMW projects at
status 26, and pass them to status 38. I also did a R98403 to pass all of
the tables in the Versions PY source to Versions PD (this was unnecessary, I
know).Problem: After I got done, the central object PD7333 tables that hold
interactive apps were empty. These tables
are:F98740F98741F98750F98751F98752F98753The strange thing is, I was able to
make a full package for PD, and a lot of users have it installed, and it's
working. We found out about the trouble because our users with partial
packages installed can't start OneWorld-- it fails, and the debug log points
to a failure to find specs in the central objects table F98752 (FDA/SW
Versions Repository Header Info).This is all a bit of a mystery to me.
Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

ERP8 to Xe, NT/W2K/SQL
JAS, Interoperability
MCDBA,MCP+I,MCSE,Citrix Admin
[email protected]
Canada

Ahem.

I found the problem. It's me.

I ran an R98403 to transfer all data from Versions - PY7333 to Versions - PD7333. If you ever think you need to do this **PLEASE DON'T**! Here's why:

1) OneWorld doesn't map all of the Central Objects tables in the OCM.
2) Central Objects tables are in the SQL Server library JDE_PY7333, or in Oracle Owner PY7333. KEY POINT: So are Versions.
3) Launching the R98403 against a table erases the table by default.
4) Don't be an idiot like Tim.

Blaghgh. Anyway, I'm now going back and fixing this. But it didn't have to happen this way-- the original R98403 was unnecessary, since these tables got populated when I passed versions from PY to PD in the OMW. But I just had to be sure....

The one saving grace on all of this is that I built the full package *BEFORE* I ran the R98403. That's why the full packages work (and why I still have a job-- ask again tomorrow, though).

Hope my fantastically monkey-like behavior helps someone else (no offense to the monkeys out there).

Hi Tim,

What you can do is copy the all central objects table either by Oracle or By R98403 from the Central Object - PY7333 to Central Object - PD7333 but include the Versions table F983051 in your copy. Some of the ER code is stored in the F98751 table.

Remember to change the Path Code field in the F983051 to PD7333.

Back