Short Item Number

Jeff73

Well Known Member
Hi List,

How is field RPITM populated in F0311 after Sales Update? It looks to me like this comes from some link b/w items and tax… Most of the time, RPITM is different from the short item number on the SO in F4211, but sometimes it’s blank and it’s causing me some issues in A/R…

Thank you,
J.

Hi Jeff,

This field is populated when the item from a particular SO Line exists in Tax Area file F4008 (SDITM=TAITM) Most of the time the field in F4008 is blank (zero), meaning, tax rate is the same for all items in the Tax Area, so RPITM is blank.
In fact in our environment (A7.3 Cum 7), RPITM is blank for all F0311 records. We did not define Tax Area by Item.

Regards,

AKC

PS. Do you have problem with out-of-balance GL for Foreign Currency Invoices after Sales Update?

Thanks for your response.

I have enquired on F4008, and it turns out you're right about most of it having blank TAITM. Actually, all records in this file have their TAITM either blank or =3. However, in F0311, I have tons of other items (<>3), which result in non-blank RPITM...

My problem with AR is that the invoices generated by the Sales Update program are split into many pay items even though they're set up to be summarized. I ran across a white paper that says there are 8 fields that need to be the same on 2 SO lines for those to be summarized on the RI. My enquiries have shown that in all "split" cases, the only field that is not the same on an SO lines was that ITM. Hence, my post...

Thanks again,
J.

May have something to do with tax calculations. We do not have any tax
things setup here, and my RPITM field is all 0. However I see in subroutine
S008 in P42800 that information is being moved into RPITM, including
possibly the true JDE short item number (or some kind of tax code). That is
the calculate tax subroutine. Do you have taxes of some kind being
calculated on your sales?

John Dickey
JDE Financial Systems
Administrator/Programmer/Analyst
White-Rodgers, Division of Emerson
St. Louis, MO
314-577-1466

We do not have this problem (we are on A7.3 C 7), and the occasional split pay item we have is when there is a particular line (in the order) with negative Qty/Value. (this happens when we had to reverse out a stock-updated line before invoicing step, where we replace a substitute item)

Do check your processing options (for your final P42800 run version), as this should not happen normally. There might be a rogue (sleeper?) version running without the summarization flag on.

Back