JDE 6.2 and 8.2 GL Records

scott_parker

Reputable Poster
Greetings,

We went live with 8.2 AP, GL, and Purchasing in April of 1999. Then added the rest of JDE in September of that same year. We had been on 6.2 for AP, GL. When we went live only “Balance Forward” records were brought from 6.2 to 8.2. We left the 6.2 environment on the box so that 1 person could go back and access the “Detail” records from the F0911.

Skip forward to 2003.

In an effort to make program-processing times faster, and to free up some much needed space on our AS/400 the following idea was discussed.

1.Purge all 8.2 F0911 records older then 12/31/01. (just over 4 million records out of 9 million total) Creating Summary “Balance Forward” records in the F0902. Send the detail-purged records to a File.
2.Convert the 6.2 records to the 8.2 Purged file format. (about 1.2 million records)
3.Remove Purged files from AS/400 to SQL server. Remove the 6.2 environment from the AS/400.
4.Split this Purged file into “Yearly” files.
5.Build interface over SQL files. (VB in MS Access 2000 front end)

Our plan would then be to only keep records from the Current and last 2 years.

My Question to this List is…
Has anyone done something similar?
If so what should we watch out for?

Scott, I have worked with most of your suggestions. The biggest issue was linking data that had been purged when historic information requests were made. I recommend you convert the A6.2 rocords to A8 before archiving. Then you will have fewer issues when attempting to link historic information. Yearly files provide easier retreival for data selection. As you are not using A6.2, I recommend removing that from your 400. And finally, be sure to reorg your files.

scott_parker <[email protected]> wrote:Greetings,We went live with 8.2 AP, GL, and Purchasing in April of 1999. Then added the rest of JDE in September of that same year. We had been on 6.2 for AP, GL. When we went live only “Balance Forward” records were brought from 6.2 to 8.2. We left the 6.2 environment on the box so that 1 person could go back and access the “Detail” records from the F0911.Skip forward to 2003. In an effort to make program-processing times faster, and to free up some much needed space on our AS/400 the following idea was discussed.1.Purge all 8.2 F0911 records older then 12/31/01. (just over 4 million records out of 9 million total) Creating Summary “Balance Forward” records in the F0902. Send the detail-purged records to a File.2.Convert the 6.2 records to the 8.2 Purged file format. (about 1.2 million records) 3.Remove Purged files from AS/400 to SQL server. Remove the 6.2 environment from the AS/400.4.Split this Purged file into “Yearly” files.5!
.Build interface over !
SQL files. (VB in MS Access 2000 front end)Our plan would then be to only keep records from the Current and last 2 years.My Question to this List is…Has anyone done something similar?If so what should we watch out for?
Scott Parker
Grote Industries, LLC.
WorldSoftware Version 8.1.2 AS/400 V5R1
--------------------------
To view this thread, go to:
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=W&Number=53088
+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+
This is the JDEList World™ mailing list/forum.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found on the JDEList Forum at
http://www.JDEList.com

JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Tax Center - File online, calculators, forms, and more

World, OW B733X and Xe

Back