OneWorld citrix memory errors

aritting

I'm happy to report that since we've received several new dll's from JDE support that we have not had any reported memory violation errors from our citrix users. We have SP20_J1 with a cocktail of jdeuser.dll's that we've been getting from JDE tools support. It has been 6 days since we installed the latest dll and we haven't had a memory error reported since. We have roughly 12 users on each of our 4 citrix servers throughout the day, and we received about 10 to 15 memory error violations a day, usually in P4210.

Hi,

Are you saying that the dll's are in addition to SP20_J1 ? If so, have you got a SAR open with Denver ? If so what is the number ? Are these dll's likely to be included in a future service pack ?

Regards

Adam

yes, we received them to replace dll's we had in J1, I don't have a SAR number for them yet, I'm contacting JDE to find out when they'll make it into a oneoff and I'll repost. I would think they will be in a one-off soon.

I thought that the one-off was SP20_N1. We just applied it and we are still getting "Activconsole.exe: referenced memory errors" several times a day. Are you getting these errors or are you getting an error that actually says "Memory Violation"?
THanks.

Is following the error message you are getting?

[Invalid Overwrite or Read] The system may become unstable.Please debug the Application using the Event Rule Debugger.
Application:p4210 Event :Button Clicked

David

The error is similiar to:
actviconsole.exe - application error
The instructions at referenced memory "98634r2xx09890" could not be read.

dhsieh
<[email protected]> To: [email protected]
Sent by: cc:
[email protected] Subject: Re: OneWorld citrix memory errors
m

02/26/2003 03:35 PM
Please respond to
jdelist

Is following the error message you are getting?

[Invalid Overwrite or Read] The system may become unstable.Please debug the
Application using the Event Rule Debugger.
Application:p4210 Event :Button Clicked

David
XE,SP20, AS400 V5R1, Citrix XP, JAS
--------------------------
To view this thread, go to:
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=50670
+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+
This is the JDEList One World® / XE mailing list/forum.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found on the JDEList Forum at
http://www.JDEList.com

JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain
privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have
received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the
original. Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.

OW XE SP18.1 Update 4
Win2000 DEP
AS400 V5R1 CO on DB2 ENT
Citrix XPe & JAS 2000 users

These changes will be put into SP20_Q1 (SAR #6518847) and SP21_E1 (SAR #6511709).

Andrew,

Can you give us the exact message users were receiving or what was written to event logs.

Just checked and Sp21_e1 isn't available yet. Did JDE say when ?

Regards

Adam

[Invalid Overwrite or Read] The system may become unstable.Please debug the Application using the Event Rule Debugger. Application P4210 Event Button Clicked
Solution Explorer- Memory could not be read
activConsole.exe- Memory could not be written
P4210- Memory could not be read
P4210- Memory could not be written

Where did you get this information? I can't find the SARs you mentioned on the KG.

Re: RE: OneWorld citrix memory errors

We secured users from being able to save UserOverrides to F98950. They can set them up for their individual Citrix session, but once they log out and log back in the UOs are not there anymore.

We are still having the memory errors several times a day even after deleting UOs and adding the security above.

Hello,
Can you let us know what these .dll's , or attach them in - I went to JDEdwards with this info and they denied all knowledge of such events.

If you could attach them it would be great.

Thanks,

Stuart

SP21_E1 is available and the SAR quoted by Andy is the parent SAR for a number of child SAR's in this service pack.

Will be downloading and testing in the next few days.

Regards

jdeuser.dll, jdekrnl.dll replaced the dll's we had with SP20_J1.
More about our environment:
We use WPD with BSFN default to the logic server
we delete user overrides
we also made sure our citrix servers had sufficient space and we defragmented the drives.

Andy,

When you say "we delete user overrides" what do you mean exactly? You delete them every night ?

regards

[Invalid Overwrite or Read] The system may become unstable.Please debug the
Application using the Event Rule Debugger.

What is the cause after receiving the above error? And what do we do to remedy it?

Back