Solution Explorer ?

msouterblight1

VIP Member
To all,

Where can I find the documentation for Solution Explorer?

Thanks,

Search on the Knowledge Garden for knowledge documents with "Solution Explorer". Here are some documents that might be of interest:

ott-01-0047 - Using Solution Explorer
ott-00-0075 - Frequently Asked Questions on Solution Explorer
ott-01-0101 - Converting menus from OneWorld Explorer to Tasks in Solution Explorer using R9000C
ott-02-0016 - Setting up Security for Solution Explorer
ott-01-0069 - Creating Fast Path Entries for Solution Explorer
ott-02-0017 - Working with Secured and Role Based Task Views
ott-01-0116 - Override Name and Version of Role Based Task is Available in Solution Explorer
ott-02-0014 - Working with Tasks and Task Views
ott-02-0015 - How to Setup and Use FindIt!

Hope these help.

Thank you for your response.. It was exactly what I was looking for.

Matthew,

Are you moving from OneWorld Explorer to Solution Explorer? I've done some research (thus the documents) into Solution Explorer in preparation for eventually moving to that, but we haven't actually used it yet.

I'd be interested in your experiences setting up and using Solution Explorer, and any gotcha's you find along the way. Thanks, and good luck!

I set up solution explorer.

I have to maintain both OW security workbench and solution explorer security because there is no link between the two. Solution explorer security just locks down solution explorer menu options. OW security workbench is where you can lock down applications and UBEs.

In ERP 9, security will be rewritten to avoid this problem.

You will always have to maintain the Security Workbench + the Tasks/Roles in Solution explorer. What ERP9 is giving us is the ability to secure, using the Workbench, by role. They are adding the Role as a field entered when you sign on. What you won't have to maintain at ERP9 is the OneWorld explorer menus as they will not exist.

You will always have to maintain the Security Workbench + the Tasks/Roles in Solution explorer. What ERP9 is giving us is the ability to secure, using the Workbench, by role. They are adding the Role as a field entered when you sign on. What you won't have to maintain at ERP9 is the OneWorld explorer menus as they will not exist.

And yet, after all these years, they still exist and are still being used...

Back