Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Web Client Exception error on HTML

  1. #1

    Web Client Exception error on HTML

    We are on ERP 8.0. Accessing Apps on HTML seemed to be working fine a few weeks back. We just did a successful full package build last week.Then we regenerated the Serialized Objects on the Web Server. All apps seemed to be working fine except P4210 - on this app we now keep getting this: Web Exception Error. An exception has been caught by the Web client. Please contact your system administrator. See log for details.

    I saw something on the KG about entries in the GenApp.ini file for Mode 3. We have 2 entries for the P4210 in our GenApp.ini the first one is set for Mode 3 (HTML), the second one for Mode 2 (JAVA). All the other entries for other apps seem to be in the opposite order (first Mode 2, then Mode 3). Not sure if this is a clue or related to the issue at all... to my knowledge, the GenApp.ini has not changed lately.
    In addition, we have modified P4210 in the last pkg build, however, the app seems to be working fine on fat clients.
    Does anyone have any clues?

    Joe F.

  2. #2
    Member Soul Glo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    866

    Re: Web Client Exception error on HTML

    Why don't you try generating P4210 by itself and see if you still get the error.
    EnterpriseOne 9.0, 9.2 TR. 9.2.x
    iSeries DB2 V7R1, Windows, Linux
    WebLogic 12c HTML Servers Win. 2016, Linux

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2

    Re: Web Client Exception error on HTML

    We've had the same issue with the P4210. On all occasions the Web Exception error was caused by our custom code. On one occasion an "Open Handle" statement had been disabled but not the "Close Handle" statement. On another occasion the mapping on a custom Table I/O had somehow been corrupted. The fat client worked fine despite these errors.

    To test I suggest you disable your custom code and regenerate the app - it should work fine on the web. Once you're convinced it's the custom code that's causing the problem, you'll have to troubleshoot to detect the offending code.

    In order to isolate the rogue code we used "dummy" statements (I use GetUDC with different values) around our code in order to determine at which point it falls over. Then it's just an exercise of trolling thru the debug log. This whole exercise is a pain, but I do not know any better way of doing it.

    FYI: The KG has a link to a tool that allows you to dynamically switch the logging on/off on the Web.

    Good luck!

    Nazza
    Xe Update 6 SP21 NT SQL2000 Portal Websphere
    Peoplesoft 8.9

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The legal restrictions and terms of use applicable to this site are available here.
Use of this site signifies your agreement to the terms of use.
JDELIST is NOT affiliated with JD Edwards® & Company, Oracle or Peoplesoft. Contents of this site are neither endorsed nor approved by JD Edwards® & Company and, or Oracle.