chart of Accounts upload

Anto

Hi!

Can anybody tell me how to upload the Chart of Accounts in one shot from
Excel Sheet.

-Anto Pg

I created a business view of the entire F0901 table, then created an application and added a headerless detail form that included all those fields from the business view. Then launched the application and can arranged the columns to match my spreadsheet and imported. Worked great.

Hi Anto

Are you using Microsoft SQL? If this is so, you could use the DTS (Data Transformation Services) Wizard. If your spreadsheet is exactly like F0901, this will work really well.

Good luck,

Hi Anto

Here’s what we did:
1) We generated a model business unit in JDE
2) In the speadsheet, we attached all of our object accounts to the model business unit
3) Also in our spreadsheet we had columns for company, account id, description, level of detail and posting edit.
4) We used a product called Data Junction to upload from the spreadsheet to F0901. In Data Junction you map each of your spreadsheet columns to columns in the F0901 file
5) Once your model is built in JDE F0901 you can copy ranges of accounts to the business units you want them attached to.

Hal

How large is your chart ?
The simplest way if to copy the chart from Excel and paste it into the P0901 form. The advantage to this is that all the normal edits will be used. I have done this will several thousand records and find it to be the best way to load the 'Model' chart. Once the model is loaded you can use JDE functionality to copy the chart to other companies and Business Units.

Hi, Question the field ACCOUNT ID(GMAID), how can be generated in Excel to upload it into the F0901?

Account ID question

Hi Anto

Here’s what we did:
1) We generated a model business unit in JDE
2) In the speadsheet, we attached all of our object accounts to the model business unit
3) Also in our spreadsheet we had columns for company, account id, description, level of detail and posting edit.
4) We used a product called Data Junction to upload from the spreadsheet to F0901. In Data Junction you map each of your spreadsheet columns to columns in the F0901 file
5) Once your model is built in JDE F0901 you can copy ranges of accounts to the business units you want them attached to.

Hal

Hi sorry, how you can generate the AccountID in the spreadsheet before to upload it to jde?..

Back