Processing Options

OWXer

Hi List,

Could someone out there help me out on this issue?

I tried using the BF B9090001 to update the PO before submitting a UBE job; I tried this function on a local workstation, it worked nicely; however, this BF didn't work on the server; did anyone come across with this issue?
I know this issue has been brought up earlier, I just want to know if there is anyone has any update on this.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

AS/400 V5.1 Citrix Metaframe Windows 2000 OWXe SP 19.1 Update 5

I may be a little off track here.... we have a few UBEs/BSFNs that work differently between the server and the client - in most cases if we map the BSFN to run locally it solves the problem.

This might work for you if your UBE is ALWAYS going to be called from the batch versions list, menu or an application - where the actual CALL to the UBE is executed locally. Just a stab in the dark though.

Sharon

Looking in the OMW this BSFN is flagged as Client Only - so it does not get deployed to the Enterprise Server.

Is the UBE being called by another UBE?

If so set up an Interconnect and pass the values you require in that way - then in the ER pass the Interconnect to the PO.

If you are just using database values then use the ER to set the POs.

Hi Shazbot,

Thanks for your great idea; let me check with our CNC person to see if it's doable in our environment.

Thanks again!

Hi Carl,

I noticed this BSFN is client only after I checked with the support from JDE. I guess I have to use either Shazbot or your approach to resolve my issue.

Thanks for all your suggestions, they are very helpful.

Hi Zhabot,

I tested and tested different ways to try to make this work and running the UBE locally was the only way to make it work; actually it's the only BSFN, B9090001 I want to run locally, I just don't know why specifying the BSFN to run locally doesn't work.

Although this doesn't solve my problem completely at least I learnt. Thanks!

Back