Item Cross Reference

JDE_JRC

Currently at the time of Sales Order Entry, users can enter a customer number and the associated 2nd Item / Short Item is returned. When printing Pick or Invoices the Customer Item Number is incorrect. Upon investigation it appears that multiple customer numbers can relate to one of our part numbers...so when printing associated documents the report is grabbing the first record it finds.

Does anyone know of anyway to regluate this so that the reports actually pull in the record that was selected at order entry?

I couldn't think of a way on my end....so I thought I would as the List.

Thanks.
Jeff

Xe SP20 Update 4 SQL / NT

Sounds like a bug (er, opportunity)--it should be smart enough to pull the
correct customer/item number for the documents, just as it does in Order
Entry.

Andy Klee
www.JDETips.com

Something definitely doesn't sound right here.

Why do you have multiple customer item numbers for the same customer to one of your item numbers? Is the packaging different?

It made very little sense to me either. But it turns out that this is one of the clients largest customers. This customer has bought out several other competitors and still uses the original item number. So on there end they could have multiple parts that relate to 1 of ours.

Bummer.

Sounds like your users will need to record the original customer item number as a text attachment or something.

Back