SL Version

TimPierce

Reputable Poster
Hi folks,

I've copied a JDE app and created some new custom versions, however at run-time the SL VersionName value seems to default to "ZJDE0001". Any idea why this is happening? ...and how can I get my custom version in there!?

Many Thanks.

Tim,

How are you selecting the custom versions at run time? Have you set up menu selections for the new versions? Are you using P983051 (Interactive Versions) to select the version?

If you are merely typing the application name in the fast path it will always default to ZJDE0001.

Barry

Hi,

I am running the version thru OMW, so it should work in exactly the same way as IV or from the menu.

Tim.

Barry,

I just tried it thru IV and the correct version showed up!

There must be some peculiarity with OMW which prevents custom versions appearing in the SL VersionName field.

Thanks for your help.

Tim,

under my SP level, running an application from IV (regardless if IV launched from the menu or OMW) never uses the selected version. it defaults to no version which causes SL Version to show the defaul;t value of ZJDE0001.

To safely test your app with a specific version's processing options I think you should run it from a menu.

Regards,

Back