CSMS

Jessica88

Well Known Member
Hi there,

Grateful if you could help .

How does entitlement checking work ? I know it checks for contracts but where do you tell JDE to what Doc type to change to ? Grateful if you could provide me with some info on Warranty.

Thanks,
Jessica.

Hi Jessica,

If a Call/Service order is Entitled by a Service Contract, you can have the system change the Document Type on the Call or Service Order based on the Line Type associated with the Contract.

1. Goto Line Type Revisions, P40205.
2. Highlight Line Type BW (Base Warranty)or EW (Extended Warranty)
3. Choose CSMS Constants from the Row Exit Bar
4. For the BW Line Type, if a Service Order is entitled by a Service Contract with BW Line Types, it will use the Document Type specified behind the "Service Order" tab. Similarly, if the Call is entitled, it will use the Document Type specified behind the "Calls" tab.
5. For the EW Line Type, if a Service Order is entitled by a Service Contract with EW Line Types, it will use the Document Type specified behind the "Service Order" tab. Similarly, if the Call is entitled, it will use the Document Type specified behind the "Calls" tab.

Hope this helps, but please let me know if you need further information.

Thanks.

Regarding service order contracts, can they be used in the following circumstances ?

When for certain types of vehicles, a fixed amount is charged for servicing or repair, depending on the odometer readings that is if it has covered 10,000 kms a fixed fee is charged and that fee comprises of both spares and labour. Issues to parts will be done in the normal way. Can Service Order Contracts be used for the above ?

Thanks,
Jessica.

You can charge a fixed amount for a Service Order. You can apply Advanced Pricing but I do not think you can automate it based upon Meter Readings in the standard software.

Jessica,

You can use the Contract as a service agreement which primarily dictates pricing of the services, as they are covered. From there, the easiest way would be to setup the services in Preventative Maintenance (if they are recurring) or as Unscheduled PM's (if they are intermittent).

I had a similar setup for a customer that repaired their customers forklifts. We needed to cover both call-out service, and meter timed service with the contracts. It can all be done, just realize the setup will likely be extensive.

Hope this helps.

Scott Hollowell
Asset Management Solutions, LLC
[email protected]

Hi jdeEAM (Scott Hollowell):

Hope you are doing fine,

recently I was assigned to a new project for module Service Management, (something new to me).

The company in which we are implementing JDE E1 9.2 repairs their own and customers forklifts according to warranties and contracts.

I have read JDE 9.2 manual about this module, however Im trying to find some exercises in order to have a better understanding of the flows, by any chance do you have any exercises that you could lend me?

Many thanks in advance for your time.

Best regards.

Back