bursted F95630.xdrpdubblb xml to F95631 record

nkuebelbeck

nkuebelbeck

VIP Member
F95630.xdrpdubblb contains the compressed xml for the bursted records in F95631. F95631.xorpdxpblb contains the compressed document. Is there anything in F95630.xdrpdubblb that relates the data to a record in the F95631. Is there another tables that relates them directly?
Best I can tell it's just the order of the bursted xml to the records added to F95631 (sorted by F95631.xoRPDFUSS2 ASC).

Thanks

Not that I have found - at least for the project I am currently working on. And it makes sense if you think about it. UBE engine is going to output a single XML file, it is BIP that breaks this up into multiple outputs (multiple 631 records). Furthermore it doesn't appear to be sequential. In other words you can't rely on the order of the records in 631 to reflect the breaks in the bursting in the XML file.

In my case, output is in PDF format and I was able to use XPdfText from http://www.glyphandcog.com/XpdfText.html to read data out of the PDF and sync it with the corresponding burst breaks in the XML file. I have used Glyph and Cog in the past for their XPdfPrint product and it worked great for years. I am using the evaluation version of XPdfText right now and if we decide to move forward with this solution licensing is very reasonable.

Thanks for the information.

What i'm trying to do is to take the BIP output (for a given list of UBE's)and attach it to media object so it's available after being generated(assuming in some batch program). The data I need is in the F95630.xdrpdubblb, but the connection to F95631 was the missing piece. I'm trying to avoid working from the F95631 backwards and avoid using archive option to write output to disk, but I don't think there's a better option.

I would think archiving to disk wouldn't necessarily buy you anything. You will still have to "work backwards" from the report output in 631. In my case it was not as difficult as it sounds. We have one unique document number on the PDF that I extract out with XPdfText and then use that to reference all the other key data elements I need from the XML in 630. It took less code to read data from the PDF than to parse the XML document.

Say I archived the BIP output as GT4210.[insertF4210key].pdf. I can parse that and attach it to the correct record(assuming I can figure out how to attach a file to a media object in 9.2). I would never have to concern myself 631.

Is your project living inside E1 or third party style? Curious where your using the xPdfText library

It's all done within JDE toolset (all in C BSFNs). You simply drop the XPdfText.dll into \system\bin32 and then you can load the dll, get proc addresses, etc. I have a wrapper BSFN that does all the necesary dll loading, init, etc. and returns a struct with all the APIs, much like the vertex APIs are exposed if you are familiar with those so I don't have to re-write all that code for each and every UBE processor. I did the same thing when I used their other product XPdfPrint.

We are migrating from Transform to BIP for select UBEs (eventually all), but we still have to archive some of the BIP output to Transform Content Center.

Any solution?

Say I archived the BIP output as GT4210.[insertF4210key].pdf. I can parse that and attach it to the correct record(assuming I can figure out how to attach a file to a media object in 9.2). I would never have to concern myself 631.

Is your project living inside E1 or third party style? Curious where your using the xPdfText library

Hi nkuebelbeck,

Did you find any solution to this, i have a similar kind of requirement to attach the BI outputs back to the orders as Media object attachment ?

Hi nkuebelbeck,

Did you find any solution to this, i have a similar kind of requirement to attach the BI outputs back to the orders as Media object attachment ?

we ended up using the BI archive option and processing that directory with another UBE that attached the media objects.

Is it possible for you to attach the code dump for my reference. It will be a great help.Thanks in advance.

Any solution?

we ended up using the BI archive option and processing that directory with another UBE that attached the media objects.

Thanks for the response. Any chance you have the dump for that for me to refer. That will be very helpful.

that would be a lot of stuff. there are custom tables/ubes/bsfn that make it all work.

but i can summarize.

1)ube that creates the bi docs is setup to insert a record into a table for later attachment processing
2)control the filename of the ube via the bi doc filename control (we have a next number setup per document. 12345_1.pdf,12345_2.pdf etc)
3)ube processing the table runs a bsfn that does all the work of attaching. In our E1 we didn't have the new fancy api for attachments and we store the stuff in the F98MODAT. So i have to manually insert into F98MODAT and F00165

Back