JDE Server Manager not showing users for one of our web servers

jimmymac

Reputable Poster
We are on JDE E1 9.0, tools 9.1.4.7.

Yesterday we noticed an issue when signed into the JDE server manager. We have two Web Servers, JDEWEB01 and JDEWEB02 running Oracle Weblogic. These are load balanced so users are split between these two servers. Typically we can log into the JDE Server Manager and view the users signed on to each of the two web server instances.

However yesterday afternoon we noticed that when viewing JDEWEB01 in server manager, there was no option for viewing Users.

Looking further we noticed that when viewing the JDEWEB01 instance, the Active JVM Count is zero and there is no option to view Runtime Metrics. On JDEWEB02, the Active JVM count is 1 and you can view User Sessions and other Runtime Metrics. See the attached word document to see what we see in JDE Server Manager for these two servers.

On thing to note that is that JDEWEB01 appears to be functioning normally. All the services are up and in fact users are being directed to JDEWEB01 by the load balancer correctly. I can tell in submitted jobs that at least 6 or 7 users are logged into JDEWEB01 and no issues have been reported.

The only issue is that we cannot see the Runtime Metrics. This evening we will reboot JDEWEB01 and perhaps a restart will address this maybe not, but we can't do it in the middle of the day.

Any thoughts on where to begin looking would be appreciated.

Attachments

• JDEServerManager072517.doc
    369 KB · Views: 30
Try to restart the Server Manager Agent on the JDEWEB01, if you haven't already.

And if that doesn't fix it - then also reset the Server Manager Console. One or the other is "glitched" !

Thanks DSauve,

By restarting the server manager agent, are you talking about remoting to JDEWEB01 and restarting one of the Services such as Oracle Weblogic NodeManager, Oracle Webloc AdminServer, or Oracle Weblogic JDEWEB01_PD900_8010?

or do you mean logging into the E1 Server Manager and Stopping/Starting the Instance.

It would seem in either case, that would drop people off of the system that are actually logged into JDEWEB01. So we could not do that during the day, would have to try that this evening.

Actually may have found some documentation on how to do all that, so let me review. Thanks for the input.

DSauve,

I found instructions on using a .bat file (restartAgent.bat) but also found the service SM Management Agent that is currently started but has an option to Restart. After I remote to JDEWEB01, I assume that I could use either method to restart the server manager agent.

A question though, would this have any impact on users that are currently connected to JDE through JDEWEB01?

Thanks altquark,

When I log into our deployment server, JDEDEPLOY, we see the service SM Management Console that needs to be restarted. Will restarting that service have any impact on users currently connected through JDEWEB01 or JDEWEB02?

I usually just restart the Windows SM Management Agent. No, it should not affect any currently connected users.

Sometimes, nothing except restarting the instance (for which runtime metrics are missing) resolves the issue. We get alerts when runtime metrics are missing, so we see this every now and then.

Thanks All,

I first restarted the web server SM management agent but that seemed to have no effect. Then I restarted the SM management console on the deployment server and that corrected the issue. We can now see the Run Metrics, etc on all web servers.

Thanks for the assistance.

Your SMC probably had been running for quite some time. It might be worth evaluating a scheduled restart of the SMC Service - say once per month or so. That way you'll unlikely run into the issue again.

Back