BSSV with REST/JSON

jdecoder

jdecoder

Well Known Member
Hi All,
I am on JDE APP 8.12 Tool 8.98.27 we have couple of BSSVs with SOAP . I wanted to know if it is possible to Use BSSV to consume REST/JSON services and if anyone has successfully implemented this combination.

Let me know if you need to know more information on my environment.

Jdecoder,
Web App : OAS
JDE 812
Tool : 8.98.27

There is no problem in consuming REST service once you are in the java domain (BSSV proxy).

I have done this for an integration with an ETL solution (not json but xml rest request).

May be you need to verify the library you need to use with what is available in the AS Server but it's not a problem to deploy additional jars (there is a oracle doc on how to build the bssv war with additional library).

Regards

Bruno Condemi

Thanks Bruno,
Thank you for your reply That sounds really cool. Do you happen to remember where I can find the oracle doc on how to build the bssv war with additional library ??

Regards,
Suraj

There is no problem in consuming REST service once you are in the java domain (BSSV proxy).

I have done this for an integration with an ETL solution (not json but xml rest request).

May be you need to verify the library you need to use with what is available in the AS Server but it's not a problem to deploy additional jars (there is a oracle doc on how to build the bssv war with additional library).

Regards

Bruno Condemi

Hi Bruno - when you said you had consumed a REST-ful API was it done within BSSV ? so basically you had created a bssv to consumer REST api ?
can you kindly confirm...also can this be done in 9.1

Thanks
Joydeep

This is an old thread.... Since we are now three years since the thread started, we have new options. Wouldn't the current best technology for consuming REST be to use E1 Orchestrator?

While that is probably the way Oracle would like it to go, I find a BSSV works great. We have multiple interfaces consuming REST APIs to interface item data. No issues at all.

Craig

While that is probably the way Oracle would like it to go, I find a BSSV works great. We have multiple interfaces consuming REST APIs to interface item data. No issues at all.

Craig

Very good too know. I did a POC a while back to consume a REST service from a BSSV but I only did it locally (never deployed to the BSSV server), just assuming that there wasn't any reason it wouldn't work on the server but I never took it that far.

Back