Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Debugging with Patwel's Object Browser

Craig's JDE Trace and JDE Object Browser are the first two things I install when I turn up on a new site - they're like caffeine; can't function without 'em!

To add to the discussion about debugging business functions started by DB... a couple of other very handy features I don't think anyone mentioned are:

- Having spent ages setting up the right parameters to test, you can save these parameters (and also the whole workspace/set of tabs open) so after your fat client cr@ps itself, as it does, and you have to exit and restart it, you can restore your carefully crafted test case.
    - You can copy BSFN parameters from a call viewed in JDETrace and paste it into the Object Browser. No need to type in all 87 parameters into your SOE MBF!
    Contract JD Edwards Development Consultant.
    EnterpriseOne Xe through 9.2. Windows/Unix/OS400. SQLServer/Oracle/DB2 for i.
    ER, C/C++, BI Publisher, SQL, DSI dcLink

This is easily the best thread I have read in a long time. I just tracked down a BSFN issue in under 2 minutes using this process.

Just a thought as an addition...

Create a jdedebug log to gather parameters for your call, then use the save/load parameters functionality within object browser to allow for repeatable tests with little setup time.
    E1 8.12, 9.0, 9.1 and 9.2.
    E1 Tools 8.x through current
    SQL server, Oracle and IBM iSeries
    Technical (Development and CNC) and Functional

Thread Information