Thread: Removing *ALL from JDE login

Removing *ALL from JDE login

Does anyone know a way to remove the *ALL from the drop down list when logging into JDE?

Users are confused, and believe that signing in with *ALL gives them access to all their roles.

I know it is possible, as i have a screen shot of a user that for some reason did not have the *ALL on his login.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

-Dan

Re: Removing *ALL from JDE login

Dan,
    It sounds more like you have object conflict sequence issues that need to be analyzed by roles. This is time consuming but worth the effort. *ALL should be great for 80% of the user community if the security model is appropriate. *ALL introduced major advancement in E1 security and role management and should be utilized.

If you are really sure you want to do this. Go to P95921, Form exit to ‘enable role Chooser’. You will see a global record updated in the F00950 that controls this.
    OneWorld B7333 -> EnterpriseOne 812, Qsoft, ALLOUT, OnDemand/UPK, Vertex, and SAP ECC 6.0 (yes~ bilingual JDE/SAP)

#include <iostream.h> main(){cout << "Thanks";return 0;}//jjj

Thanks for the info..that was something i wasn't aware of (The Enable Role Chooser row exit)........I need to clarify though......I want to remove the *ALL from the drop down list......It sounds like the Enable Role Chooser only give me these 2 options;

(1) Check Box Marked - Choose from a list of roles (including *ALL)
    (2) Check Box Unmarked - Enter JDE playing all roles.

I want to remove completely the *ALL from the drop down list. As it stands, people sign in with *ALL, and are under the impression they can access all the applications that all their respective roles can, not what each individual role can.

These would be your vanilla configurations for *ALL options.
    OneWorld B7333 -> EnterpriseOne 812, Qsoft, ALLOUT, OnDemand/UPK, Vertex, and SAP ECC 6.0 (yes~ bilingual JDE/SAP)

#include <iostream.h> main(){cout << "Thanks";return 0;}//jjj

[ QUOTE ]
    As it stands, people sign in with *ALL, and are under the impression they can access all the applications that all their respective roles can, not what each individual role can.

[/ QUOTE ]
    a) Using *ALL the user is able to login and select one of his multiple roles, refresh E1 Menu, then proceed to select a Menu.
    b) By removing *ALL you will force the user to login with one role only, so, if he needs to use another role he'll have to log-out, then login with a different role ... which takes longer than a)
    ... or c) I missed your point
    Adrian,
    E1 9.1 TR 9.1.4.7 08-13-2014_07_7 MSQL 2012 SP1 x64, WebLogic 12c, all on WIntel 2012 x64
    3rd Party Software: All Out Security 3.2, TransForm 5.3, SAP Business Objects Enterprise XI 12
    In the Cloud!

Hi - Did anyone ever figure our if it is possible to remove *ALL from the role dropdown list at signon, forcing the user to select an actual role? I would be interested if there is a way. Thanks, JRG.
    John G
    I-series V5R1M0
    JDE Oneworld Xe B7333 - Update 5 - SP 20

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I'm also looking for the same solution. Remove *All from the role drop down and force user to select a role. Has anyone found a solution?

Thread Information