Copy Form from one app to another?

Andrew_Cox

Hi - first post to this board/list. Quick question - Is it possible to copy a form from one application into another?

(I made a Search & Select form inside an application with two other forms in it, but I just remembered that Search & Select forms are supposed to be inside their own application)

Thanks!

Andrew,

First you are welcome to the list,

No there is no way to copy a form to another application. But I want to add that you don't have to ! Yes the JDE standard way is to include it inside it's own application but it will also work from the same application.

Christian Audet

Thanks for the reply - I'll play around with it as it is, but will try to remember to create a separate application for the future just to keep things standard.

Hi Andrew,

If your issue is still open then simply copy your APPL object to a new APPL object and delete/destroy forms except your Search & Select.

Hope, could help a bit.

Zoltán

Hi,

This post was from quite a few years ago, but I thought I would add an update. There are some tools that have been added since XE came out which help with copying forms.

In FDA, on the File Menu, there is an option called FDA Compare. This tool allows you to copy form controls from one application to another. You can use this link to read a nice post with screen shots for more detail:
https://www.jdesource.com/enterpriseone/copy-a-form-to-same-another-application/

That will copy an entire form, or you can choose specific controls to copy. It does NOT copy any ER. To copy the ER you need to go into ER Compare and copy the ER from every event.

I recently had a situation where I needed to copy a P4915 form from Pristine into an existing custom application. The above got the job done, although none of the ER references to Form Interconnect came through correctly. I had to manually reselect all of the FI's in the ER before the ER would validate.

Back