Launching Applications From Desktop

Jeff George

Jeff George

Well Known Member
Does E1 9.x have the ability to launch a specific application, e.g. P4101, from a desktop shortcut the way that Xe did?

Open application in JDE click on "Tools" then select "Parameterized URL".
Copy and paste the URL into the shortcut for desktop.

When I do that I don't get anything that can be copied and pasted. I get a popup dialog box that entitled Message From Webpage and the text contains the URL, but since it's a dialog box I can't copy and paste it. It's close, though!

If you click on "Tools" then select "Send Email", your email program should create a new email with that parameterized URL that you can copy.

If you click on "Tools" then select "Send Email", your email program should create a new email with that parameterized URL that you can copy.

I don't have that option. I have 'Send Shortcut', but that only takes me to a JDE internal message option and doesn't include any URL.

OK - the Email and Calendar integration comes with Tools 9.1.5, so you must be on an earlier version.

When I do that I don't get anything that can be copied and pasted. I get a popup dialog box that entitled Message From Webpage and the text contains the URL, but since it's a dialog box I can't copy and paste it. It's close, though!

Jeff,

Just because you can't select the TEXT itself, does not mean Ctrl+C (Copy) and Ctrl+V (Paste) doesn't work. Open the dialog box again, select the dialog box (so it has focus) and then use keyboard shortcut I provided above to COPY... then PASTE into notepad or something. It will show a bunch of other details, such as header text, button text etc. so you'll need to clean it up, but it should give you what you need. ;)

Last edited:
Back