Cross Reference Facility

Jeff George

Jeff George

Well Known Member
What is current Oracle best practice, or just general consensus among the JDE community, on rebuilding the Cross Reference Facility (P980011) for existing environments? In the system I'm working on it is completely inaccurate. For example, if I go to Tables Used by an Interactive Application and put in a standard application such as P4021 it doesn't list a single table. I'm sure that can't be correct. In a previous installation I scheduled all environments to rebuild the tool once every 6 months, but the current CNC team I'm working with doesn't rebuild at all 'because it takes too long.' Opinions/thoughts?

We usually rebuild in DV after every full build. We do a full build in DV on demand when needed or about once a month. I am a developer and I usually kick of the xref build, usually on my local full client and usually over a weekend.

We usually rebuild in DV after every full build. We do a full build in DV on demand when needed or about once a month. I am a developer and I usually kick of the xref build, usually on my local full client and usually over a weekend.

You know there is update capability, right?

R980011 change data selection to BC Date - Updated (UPMJ) > = [last run date]

Run it once in DV, then the update as needed, maybe every 6 months, depending how much development work you do.
You don't really need it in other environments, and if you do, map the OCM to the DV tables.

And ... use UBECommander to schedule it in Windows to run as per our needs... then forget about it! ;-)

Limit to only 1 environment

Run it once in DV, then the update as needed, maybe every 6 months, depending how much development work you do.
You don't really need it in other environments, and if you do, map the OCM to the DV tables.

How do I limit cross-reference to only the DV environment? Seems to me that a contractor enabled it in all environments and it was not that way before.

You run the UBE in the environment you choose. DV is usually where you want to run it, as that would then include any development work.

The tables where the xref info is written to, can be mapped so that they are common across environments, which can be convenient if you want to access them from PY or such.

I have never seen the need to run it in every environment, and certainly not to schedule it being rerun from scratch on a regular basis.

How do I limit cross-reference to only the DV environment? Seems to me that a contractor enabled it in all environments and it was not that way before.

What are your OCM mappings for F980011 and F980021?

Back