Copy Customers Attachment To Sales Order Header Attachment.

FrankCLT

Well Known Member
Hello,

Is it possible to add an attachment to a customer and whenever a sales order is entered for that customer, its attachment gets copied to the orders header attachment? Sounds crazy....but that is what has been asked from our group.

Thanks
FrankCLT

Frank,

Sure you can, but it is custom code. We have done this for years.

Don,

Thanks for the speedy reply. Are there any examples out there for me to look at?

Thanks again,
FrankCLT

Last edited:
Look at this ER where evt_szEWAdditionalMsg_ADDMSG is the text attached, retrieved from GT4016A, by Ship To number & User Language Preference:

W4210G.OK - Post Button Pressed
// ~~ Retrieve Media Object from Template
If SV Form Mode = CO ADD_MODE
| If FC Document (Order No, Invoice, etc.) [F4201,DOCO] > <Zero>
| | If FC Previous Order Number [DOCO] != FC Document (Order No, Invoice, etc.) [F4201,DOCO]
| | | evt_szEWAdditionalMsg_ADDMSG [ADDMSG] = <Blank>
| | | // ~~ Get MO based on User's Language Preference
| | | Media Object Structures(GT4016A, <Default Media Object>, <Get Text>, <Default Text Object>, VA evt_szEWAdditionalMsg_ADDMSG, FC Long Address Number-Shipto, SL LanguagePreference)
| | | If evt_szEWAdditionalMsg_ADDMSG [ADDMSG] =<or Empty> <Blank>
| | | | // ~~ Get Default MO in Default Language Preference -> that is blank or E(nglish)
| | | | Media Object Structures(GT4016A, <Default Media Object>, <Get Text>, <Default Text Object>, VA evt_szEWAdditionalMsg_ADDMSG, FC Long Address Number-Shipto, " ")
| | | | If evt_szEWAdditionalMsg_ADDMSG [ADDMSG] =<or Empty> <Blank>
| | | | Else
| | | | | Media Object Structures(GT4201A, <Default Media Object>, <Set Text>, <Default Text Object>, VA evt_szEWAdditionalMsg_ADDMSG, FC Order Number, FC Order Type, FC Order Key Company)
| | | | EndIf
| | | Else
| | | | Media Object Structures(GT4201A, <Default Media Object>, <Set Text>, <Default Text Object>, VA evt_szEWAdditionalMsg_ADDMSG, FC Order Number, FC Order Type, FC Order Key Company)
| | | EndIf
| | EndIf
| EndIf
EndIf

Thanks for the post, Adrian. Just got around to checking in on this post -- you beat me to it!

If someone can explain in a little more detail.....Where is the value being retrieved from the Customers attachment? Please forgive me.....haven't worked with media objects much....The GT4016A is what exactly? I see that referenced in the F00165....but I'm having an issue tying the pieces together....Is the GT4201 referencing the SOE Header Table?

Thanks again and for your patience........

I think I got it with the following......

>>>>Media Object Structures(ABGT, <Default Media Object>, <Get Text>, <Default Text Object>, VA evt_AdditionalMessage, VA frm_Order_mnSoldToAddressNo)
>>>>Media Object Structures(GT4201A, <Default Media Object>, <Set Text>, <Default Text Object>, VA evt_AdditionalMessage, VA frm_Order_mnOrderNumber, VA frm_Order_szOrderType, VA frm_Order_szOrderCompany)

Challenge I have now is that I'd like to make it silent......when I place and close the Sales Order and the "GT4201A" is executed, it displays the media object and forces the user to click the 'OK"......will need to do some additional research to see if this can be done with no user intervention.

Ideas anyone?

Thanks,
FrankCLT

Back