Associating JDE user for FIND operation with Oracle DB session

msouterblight1a

All,

If I run select * from v$session where SID=<blocking sid> I can determine the PID of the Call Object Kernel and the thread, I can then look at that in Server Manager to determine the user and application. But, this only works if the issue is coming from the Enterprise Server. If someone runs a wide open query from the web client and it starts eating up CPU, etc. I can determine the SID on the datbase, and it will show me the PID for the WebLogic process, and even the thread, but I don't have any way to associate that with the JDE user.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to do this?

Matthew

All,

If I run select * from v$session where SID=<blocking sid> I can determine the PID of the Call Object Kernel and the thread, I can then look at that in Server Manager to determine the user and application. But, this only works if the issue is coming from the Enterprise Server. If someone runs a wide open query from the web client and it starts eating up CPU, etc. I can determine the SID on the datbase, and it will show me the PID for the WebLogic process, and even the thread, but I don't have any way to associate that with the JDE user.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to do this?

Matthew

Okay, this is going to get complicated.

In WLS console, go to Environment/Servers/Control/instancename/Monitoring/Threads.

You'll see Self-Tuning Thread Pool Threads. In there is all your busy little beavers. Look at the column called, appropriately enough, 'Hoggers'. The thread that says 'true' is likely your culprit. In the 'Current Request' column you'll see something that looks like this:

weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl@13346336[ POST /jde/E1VirtualClient.mafService?e1.namespace=&e1.service=E1VirtualClient&RENDER_MAFLET=E1Menu&e1.state=maximized&e1.mode=view HTTP/1.1 Accept: */* Accept-Language: en-us Cache-Control: no-cache Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded Referer: http://webdev.domain.local:82/jde/R...e=maximized&e1.mode=view&RID=6893a5cb807f61c0 Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.2; Trident/4.0; DL9100; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E) Content-Length: 194 Connection: Close Cookie: JSESSIONID=tnH7h2TQD28qMyw3KbDzTgdDcxyWB7LBhTtLpJtF5NWYBmpqVkpk!-1053890334; e1AppState=1:E1MENUMAIN_3601149319534925824| ]

The long number after 'e1AppState' is your Session Identifier in Server Manager in the HTML instance. The user name is seven columns to the left.

Last edited:
BTW, the Remote Environments column of User Sessions allows you to connect the HTML session to the Enterprise server CallObject Kernel:

MYLOGICSERVER:6015 PID: 3740

You can then go to the ES in Server Manager and turn on debug logging for that session if you want.

Not an answer to your question but tangentially related.

Thank you, this is very helpful. I was looking this over. As a side note, is there a location to view all of the current Sessions active in WebLogic?

Thank you, this is very helpful. I was looking this over. As a side note, is there a location to view all of the current Sessions active in WebLogic?

Servers/instancename/Deployments/Expand instancename/modules/jde/Sessions

It doesn't tell you much.

Back