Attach UBE output as MEdia Object

Abir Mannan

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone did this or if it is even possible.
WE all know the pain of not reprinting packing list out of JDE after it is moved to history table.
FOr some possible solution we were thinking if its possible to attach the PDF output of an UBE as a media object in that order.
Any thought?
Thanks
Abir Mannan

help me please i am unable to display fastpath... please skype id : pradeepalw1978

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone did this or if it is even possible.
WE all know the pain of not reprinting packing list out of JDE after it is moved to history table.
FOr some possible solution we were thinking if its possible to attach the PDF output of an UBE as a media object in that order.
Any thought?
Thanks
Abir Mannan

Hi Abir,

you can save the URL or Path of PDF output in Media object table and then you can print that Hyperlink / URL / FTP Path of PDF on UBE OutPut.

When you clink on that link that will get open for display from that location (location should not restricted).

I have attached PDF output with Hyperlink records for your reference.

Hope this will work!

Thanks,

Attachments

• R014021_VER0001_D180314_T161208644.pdf
    64.9 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
I wrote stuff to go and get the UBE output file after a job has finished and either move it via FTP or just email it.
There's no reason why I couldn't also create a new media file attachment.

You'd have to do it inside the UBE itself in it's UBEs End Report event and save off your DOCO to a global variable that doesn't get cleared.

And what Jay wrote above is a great idea. As this is what I am doing (getting the output file path) but I use it for a different purpose

Back