jdeFwriteConvert works fine on FAT client, on E1 server is not readable

nkuebelbeck

nkuebelbeck

VIP Member
I wrote a bsfn to write out a file to the file system. I execute the BSFN from P5549001|CSG0001. On my fat client it looks fine. When I execute it on the WebClient/E1 server(OS400), it's unreadable

I made an entry in P93081 and still getting the same non human readable file. I'm assuming it's dumping unicode but can't tell.

see attached for the P93081 setting and also attached the non-readable file created.

Is there something I'm missing?

UPDATE: couple issues when copying file from the iseries via a share, you need to do some extra work involved converting text. Best way is to convert it, is to copy it from iseries nav. If you writing directly to a /QNTC share you need to set the encoding to IBM-37 -

Attachments

• P5549001.jpg
    P5549001.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 7361923571.txt
    266 bytes · Views: 18
Last edited:
It's possible. 400's are always different too - it may be re-coding the data on reads rather that writes, are you opening it from Operations Navigator?

It's possible. 400's are always different too - it may be re-coding the data on reads rather that writes, are you opening it from Operations Navigator?

yup, opening via Ops Nav. Well - copying to my C:\ then opening

Last edited:
Did you try using the IBM-37 encoding, instead of CP1252? That worked for me on the AS400.

Back