Transportation, Freight Update R4981.

2foot9

We are running Freight Update R4981 and have set the processing options on the Update tab to 1) run the report in final mode, 2) to update payable freight only (we have no billable) and 3) to update the shipment status to 80. the item help indicates : Alias:S498103 - "Use this processing option to indicate the shipment status to which to update. If the field is left blank, the shipment status will not be updated."

My understanding is processing option #3 should move the status from 70 to 80 on the Manage Shipments-Work With Shipments form (P4915, form W4915B).

Am I understanding this processing option correctly, or is there another job I should be running to move a status from 70-Shipped Delivered to 80-Final Freight.

Thank in advance.

Tony

Hi Tony.
My memory of this is that until BOTH Payable and Billable processed flags are set it will not bump the status. Change your processing option 2 to do both and see how that goes.

Hi Craig,
Changed the processing option, tested, and the results were as you explained.
Thanks very much for the help.
Tony

Hello Craig ,

Please can brief in simple process how transportation works in jde.
I was able to generate shipment number and system routed shipment ,but on routing option I couldn't find my routing setups, anyway system picked some routing and freight charges were applied but not getting how it calculated. Destination postal code 80002, total weight 5000 lb 250 fc , in rates we have 38.25 combination matching with condition qty on sales order 10 and in rate definition it uom cw and it calculated as 860.38 Please can you explain how

Regards

Hello Craig ,

Please can brief in simple process how transportation works in jde.
I was able to generate shipment number and system routed shipment ,but on routing option I couldn't find my routing setups, anyway system picked some routingnd freight charges were applied but not getting how it calculated. Destination postal code 80002, total weight 5000 lb 250 fc , in rates we have 38.25 combination matching with condition qty on sales order 10 and in rate definition it uom cw and it calculated as 860.38 Please can you explain how

Regards
Not sure I can be too much help based on your post. Working backwards.... you know your Final Amount 860.38 and the database should tell you the Rated Quantity (RTDQ) in either the F4981 after Freight Update or F4945 before Freight Update (you don't say whether you have run Freight update). Although the Rated Quantity doesn't always display from memory, I think when Lookup 1 & 2 are in use. If you are using lookup 1 & 2 watch out for JDE's Look-ahead rates (also called Deficit Weight Rates). If that doesn't help, perhaps attach an export of your F4945 or F4981 records and I am sure we can work it out. ;)

Last edited:
Back